StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Hammer Formations<< >>Post Follow-up
jhenninger
63 posts
msg #51973
Ignore jhenninger
6/5/2007 8:43:02 AM

Hello all,

I am curious if anyone has used the defaul hammer settings that SF provides and tweaked them to achieve better patterns. The SF Hammer defaults do a pretty good job of finding some reliable formations, however I was thinking that some tweaking could provide better opportunities through time. Unfortunately, I am not the most mathematically inclined trader and so I do not necessarily see the relationships between the numbers as easily as some others might. Just thought I would ask if anyone else has tweaked these filters and/or created their own.

Thanks for your time,

Jon

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #51979
Ignore petrolpeter
6/5/2007 11:28:34 AM

There are are a number that have been created.You should find some in the search area.

jhenninger
63 posts
msg #51980
Ignore jhenninger
6/5/2007 12:52:45 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but I am unware of any particular search function. I can see where the public filters are displayed, but I can't seem to find a way to search for any specific keywords. What am I missing?

Thanks...

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #51982
Ignore johnpaulca
6/5/2007 1:40:44 PM

click on Index, can be found above this page.
scroll to bottom of page and type in your search....good luck

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #51985
Ignore nikoschopen
6/5/2007 3:37:49 PM

At this time, it would be advisable to look for a "hanging man" formation than a hammer. But here's a hack version of the HM to get you going on the right track:
Fetcher[
set{tail, min(open, close) - low}
set{range, tail / day point range}
range 1 day ago above 0.66
close below low 1 day ago
days(high 1 days ago reached a new 26 week high,5) above 0
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Hammer Formations<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.