StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help With a Filter<< >>Post Follow-up
kram1056
21 posts
msg #52408
Ignore kram1056
6/22/2007 12:01:13 AM

Does anybody know how you can add this onto a filter. Say if you have a filter and it finds a number of stocks, but you do not want it to trigger to pick those stocks until the price of those stocks goes higher than the high for the day that the stock was triggered on. Say you have Stock A and it fits everything in the filter, but you do not want to enter into the stock until the price is higher than the day it was triggered. It may take a day or two before it reaches that price. I am trying to word this right, it may seem a little confusing. But if anybody knows of a way to do that I would greatly appreciate it.

ham1198
174 posts
msg #52501
Ignore ham1198
6/25/2007 5:51:27 PM

....i'm sure everyone is dying to help you with their filters after ypou posted this:

kram1056
- Ignore kram1056 6/21/2007 3:51:26 PM

I dont really want to post my filter, but it incorporates Jeff Cooper's 5 day Momentum method plus stock ratings from Investor Business Daily. By using IBD's top rated stocks I can filter out the strongest gainers. So, when you backtest, you have to only look at a month or so at a time, while the stocks are at their higgest ratings. Hope this helps. I have done pretty well using this method, but when the market takes a big hit so does your Portfolio, plus you have to use strick stops so you dont lose to much. I put mine usually at 8%.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52507
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
6/25/2007 9:01:11 PM

With regards to Kram's original request, use the day() function.

kram1056
21 posts
msg #52510
Ignore kram1056
6/25/2007 9:31:34 PM

Niko thanks for the help!!!

IICC
5 posts
msg #52517
Ignore IICC
6/25/2007 10:51:53 PM

ham1198:

And just how does IBD help you filter out the strongest gainers???...Their data is very backward looking...Doug

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help With a Filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.