StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help needed with a simple pattern filter<< >>Post Follow-up
grass
10 posts
msg #38642
Ignore grass
11/1/2005 4:04:43 PM

Hi All,
I'm trying to create a filter that will select the following:
1) If the stock is in downtrend and the day candle looks like a bulish reversal (small boddy, long tail down)
2) If the stock is in uptrend and the day candle looks like a bearish reversal (small body downstairs, long tail above)

Any ideas appreciated.

riggs
313 posts
msg #38647
Ignore riggs
11/1/2005 8:20:54 PM

Grass -

Try this for size: " Bullish Thrusting line"

Fetcher[Open minus low is more than 100 above close minus open
and close is above open and low reached a new 1 week low and
and low is more than 3 percent below low 1 day ago and average volume(90)is above 50000 and draw bollinger bands(20,2.0)and add column industry
]

This will be a good start,I hope it helps.

RIGGS

riggs
313 posts
msg #38648
Ignore riggs
11/1/2005 8:49:11 PM

Grass -

Sorry, I forgot your uptrend filter. Here it is....

Fetcher[show stocks where close gained more than 2 percent over the last 1 day and high reached a new 1 week high and high is more than 3 percent above high 1 day ago and average volume(90)is above 50000 and draw bollinger bands(20,2.0)add column industry]

Now with the market in an uptrend you will probably see more than your share of these, but if it were me, I'd be looking for "Shooting Stars." But that's just me. Again, I hope it's what you're looking for.

RIGGS

grass
10 posts
msg #38687
Ignore grass
11/3/2005 3:20:26 PM

Hi Riggs,
You got to be rich man. This is a bestseller. I tested the filter and it is exactly what I was looking for. Thanx a bunch.

1 question: I missed the point of the first phrase: "Open minus low is more than 100 above close", can you explain please ?

riggs
313 posts
msg #38688
Ignore riggs
11/3/2005 4:30:42 PM

grass -

I thought you might like those filters. And no I'm not rich yet, but if I hang around here long enough I will be and so will you.

As far as the open low close open, it is a "0" line Oscillator that I love that keeps me in the the trend. As long as you keep the filter, It should show up on the bottom of your arsenal of personal filters.

It looks like were possibly reaching a market top, so prices should start to slide any day now, so those filters will start to show more results. I'm glad you like them, b/c they are some of my favorites. The "Bullish Thrusting Line" is a powerful candle stick! It usually marks the start of a new strong upswing. You were smart to look for it. I knew right away you (grass)know just what you're doing brother.

RIGGS

jacobnbr1
37 posts
msg #38973
Ignore jacobnbr1
11/20/2005 12:28:13 AM

YEA I AM KINDA NEW HERE AND WAS JUST WONDERING. IS THE BULLISH THRUSTING LINE A BULLISH SCREEN OR A BEARISH SCREEN? AND THE SAME WITH THE OTHER SCAN. I HOPE THIS ISNT TOO STUPID OF A QUESTION.

riggs
313 posts
msg #38979
Ignore riggs
11/20/2005 1:23:41 PM

jacobnbr1 -

First off...there are no STUPID questions here. Secondly, the "Bullish Thrusting Line" scan is a BULLISH filter. The second filter you see is a BEARISH filter. You will see a long shaddow on top of the candles in an uptrend but no tails. This is a bearish signal. Remember this...Trade in the OPPOSITE directions of "shadows." If in a downtrend, you see a white candle with a tail(bottom shadow) two time the length of the real body, go long! If in an uptrend, and you see a shadow ABOVE the close 2 times the length of the real body, then start thinking about taking profits b/c a reversal is near. Again, "trade in the OPPOSITE directions of shadows."

RIGGS.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help needed with a simple pattern filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.