StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help on a \"gradual price appreciation\" filter<< >>Post Follow-up
roperwin47
3 posts
msg #113591
Ignore roperwin47
5/21/2013 9:42:11 PM

Needing some help from the pros here. I have been trying to formulate a filter that looks for stocks with gradual but steady increases with little volatility within the days price movement. Examples that meet this criteria:

KRC
RLGY
LGF
SO
VVC
SIVB

These are just a few examples but the trend is fairly gradual and consistent. Granted, there are times they pullback but if you look at KRC as an example, you see a steady, fairly consistent climb with little daily price volatility.

I have tried a few filters with no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #113592
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/21/2013 10:02:58 PM

I would probably suggest that you pick a time period to start (SF indicators tend to max at 100 days, so let's use that) and look at ROC and R-squared, Example:

Fetcher[

close above 5
average volume(100) above 250000
ROC(100,1) between 1 and 10
Rsquared(close,100) above 0.75

]

Not a lot of selections, but I think they tend to fit the pattern you are looking for. This will select for low beta stocks and ETFs.

roperwin47
3 posts
msg #113602
Ignore roperwin47
5/22/2013 6:17:52 PM

Thank you, Kevin!

Appreciate all the help and also appreciate you posting various filters on the forum.

Thanks again.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help on a \"gradual price appreciation\" filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.