StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with a Reversal Filter Please !<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
patefern
7 posts
msg #32518
Ignore patefern
7/6/2004 8:21:30 PM

cegis,

No disclaimer necessary as you obviously have a high degree of proficiency. I will try to describe and write a sushi roll filter and post here. Many thanks for your generous help offer.

Pat

patefern
7 posts
msg #32519
Ignore patefern
7/6/2004 9:06:57 PM

cegis,

Sushi roll is 10 days of trading, the first group of 5 are prior days and the second group of 5 are the latest trading days. The latest 5 trading days takes out the high of the prior 5, and the low of the prior 5. I'm working on a filter to better show what I mean(might take awhile).

PTEN took out the high on 7/2 and if it takes out the low of 6/29 in 3 more days it will be a sushi roll. The prior 5 days are 6/25 to 7/1.

A filter that encompasses the trading from 6/25 to 7/2 (5 prior plus first day of latest 5)would be a good "watch list" stock filter.

Thanks,

Pat

cegis
235 posts
msg #32522
Ignore cegis
7/7/2004 3:24:14 PM

Pat,

Now that I understand what it is you are looking for, all you have to do is "shift" all of the "days ago" phrases in the filters posted, and remove the extra days, and you'll have your "sushi roll watch list" filter. You could create them for "1 day until sushi", "2 days until sushi", 3 and 4.

HTH,

C

patefern
7 posts
msg #32523
Ignore patefern
7/7/2004 4:25:04 PM

cegis,

That's it, and again, many thanks, I'm buying the next round!

Alf, thank you for starting the thread from someone who is more than alittle math and computer challenged.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #32710
Ignore alf44
7/29/2004 4:58:34 PM

RE: "Sushi Roll" Set-Ups...

...it occurred to me that the Aroon UP & Aroon DOWN Indicators or the Aroon Oscillator could possibly be used to accomplish this or something very similar.

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=forum&sub=view&fid=1006&tid=141

----------------------------------------

I'll continue to play around with it and report back if and when I find something of value.

alf44 :8^)

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #82448
Ignore chetron
11/4/2009 9:23:31 PM

MAYBE NOT PURE, BUT WHY NOT ........

Fetcher[

WEEKLY HIGH ABOVE WEEKLY HIGH 1 WEEK AGO
WEEKLY LOW BELOW WEEKLY LOW 1 WEEK AGO

CLOSE ABOVE .1
VOLUME ABOVE 100000

DISPLAY WEEKLY CHART
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with a Reversal Filter Please !<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.