StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Hey, let's start a Trading contest....<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
riggs
313 posts
msg #39084
Ignore riggs
11/26/2005 8:36:29 PM

Hey guys,

what do you say about starting a trading contest with some of us here over at investopedia.com This would be great for new traders to get hands on experience from some our top traders here. Investopedia is a great simulator b/c in doesn't alow easy fills. It won't fill your trade if you attempt to buy to many shares at once on low volume, or if you try to sell too many shares at once when nobody is buying. IMO, it's the best FREE simulator on the net.

We can do it several ways. We can trade our favorite filters against one another, that way, others here can see what filters work best. And maybe we can finally see how awesome THE MIGHTY RUMPLEDONE really does trade. Or see if Ralph44 really is just an annoying college kid playing on daddy's computer. We can also see if RSI(2)and many other filters are really worth the hype!

All trades will be welcome. Shorting, Penny stocks above $2, market orders, limit orders, stop limits orders etc...I think it would be a blast, and an AWESOME education for all of us! There isn't a better way to help one another IMO. As long as that's what were doing. We can start a contest thread here, and anyone can ask anyone "Why they did that", or "I would have entered or closed this way." I can start a contest for all of us with a starting bankroll for $1 million. And you can only use 25% of that on any given trade.

For you daytraders, it's not a problem, going in and out. There is just a 20 minute delay on your trades, and every trade confimation can be e-mailed to you. I would love to see the likes of Railwhore, THERUMPLEDONE, Bfreshour, dkatz, Dork44, RSucker, and many others join. But let's all start at the same time. Let's get enough entries and set a date. What do you guys think? Now if you're chicken and want to ignor this post, that's okay, we will all understand why. If any of you can add to the friendy contest, then by-all-means, please do so. What are your thoughts? can we get some of our HOF'S to play? Or will you be too busy trading?........

THE MIGHTY RIGGS.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #39085
Ignore alf44
11/26/2005 8:43:27 PM

...like I said some weeks ago...

-------------------

"When is StockFetcher...

...going to ban some of these lowlife from posting on these forums ?

That's what I would like to know !

They bring absolutely NOTHING of worth to the discussion here !

ZILCH !!!

All in my opinion of course !"

--------------------

alf44

riggs
313 posts
msg #39087
Ignore riggs
11/26/2005 8:52:28 PM

Well, that's one worthless chicken out of the way. Any others WORTH mentioning?

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #39122
Ignore Koronbock
11/27/2005 3:09:49 PM

Well. I have to say this now:

I have been a member since SF came online and there have been "shootouts" from time to time. None of them was as boring and useless as the current one, going on between RIGGS and alf44. While I believe in freedom of expression, I do not believe in freedom of boredom and annoyance. This forum is for everybody to learn, to gain knowledge and to exchange VALUABLE information, in short, to make us better traders.
So please CUT OUT this CHILDISH and boring exchange, you are stealing the members valuable time (yes, lots of people are reading this, if they want or not. They ARE looking for valualbe information, but surely won't find it in those messages).

Please go back to discussing your filters and their possible merits. That's what we are all here for. Everything else IS IRRELEVANT and USELESS here. For childish chit-chat, please go somewhere else. If others agree, please say so.

Good trading and good backtesting!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39150
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/28/2005 8:30:55 AM

If you want a trading contest then show up at the big boy trading contest in Las Vegas.

That's where the real traders go and trade.

Oh, and by the way, they trade with real money!

shelupinin
120 posts
msg #39181
Ignore shelupinin
11/29/2005 2:43:37 AM

I totally agree with riggs that trading contest might be very usefull for many traders, and I can't understand why all replys to his message was negative, nobody say "let's do it together" :(((( Who would like to contest? please, write your replys here !!!!
Alex

yaotiande
32 posts
msg #39195
Ignore yaotiande
11/29/2005 3:12:33 PM

Hey, the RumpledOne and Koronbock,

I'm going to suggest something to StockFetcher. Please refer to the Comments/Bugs/Requests Forum.

Thank you.

Railwhore
69 posts
msg #39206
Ignore Railwhore
11/29/2005 9:07:26 PM

If you do set one up on investopedia - make sure you allow options and penny stocks in the rules. Would be fun to see rsi(2) in action and some of my exotic options plays. But im totally game!

BFreshour
139 posts
msg #39215
Ignore BFreshour
11/30/2005 9:14:17 AM

Investopedia sucks for options. Option prices don't update till 10:00am on there. So at 9:40 you see which stock is really moving and put in a buy order for the option (at yesterday's close price) then sell it once the prices update at 10:00am for a huge gain. That's how all the top players get such high returns.

If we could find a real-time paper trading simulation with options, margin, etc... I'd be game but Investopedia is a waste of time.

metallica666
5 posts
msg #39225
Ignore metallica666
11/30/2005 5:07:40 PM

check out this one i used it before i started trading with actual cash http://game.marketwatch.com/Home/default.asp

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Hey, let's start a Trading contest....<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.