StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I give you the filters, why, why, why<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
jrbikes
624 posts
msg #90295
Ignore jrbikes
3/25/2010 3:04:07 AM

I got it for you Four! give me some time and I will spell it out for you!

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #90515
Ignore jrbikes
3/28/2010 11:09:02 PM

Simple Moving Average system! all I use!

Price is above the (9) the (9) is above the (18) the (18) is above the (27)

MACD(12,26,9) is increasing
RSI(14) is above 50
define resistance, when it breaks, enter!
(9) (18) (27) start to roll over, exit, or watch for high wave candle sticks, such as Doji's or spinning tops (indesicion)

This is on a 3 month daily chart!, watch the 2 month daily and 1 month daily, if it sets up fast on a 1 month, be careful, especially on a 52 week low (Bull trap) best bet is to wait for the pull back, then when it trades over last relative high, resistance, enter!

Its not fool proof, but it works on all time frames, put the SMA's on a 1 minute and 5 minute chart and watch!
watch for 5 day, 10 day cycles, or there about, with price support! and you will notice the ones that go, form a ascending triangle

XCHO
SCEY
CIGX
ZQK
IMGG
F

just to name a few, of course it always easy after the fact!
I have been trying to get support and resistance lines on charts, but they were always irregular, DMOBRIEN, helped me with a filter, it is under Filters (Forum) as question for DMOBRIEN!
look at the filter and check it out!

duke56468
683 posts
msg #90545
Ignore duke56468
3/29/2010 4:34:39 PM

jrbikes
- Ignore jrbikes
modified 3/15/2010 8:58:34 PM

Fetcher[ show stocks where the close is above the MA(9) and the MA(9) is above the MA(18) and the MA(18) is above the MA(27) and the RSI(14) is above 50 and the volume is greater than 250000 and the close is between .01 and 1 and the close is greater than the open
]

jr....does this filter work best on penny stocks? Have you tried it on others?

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #90552
Ignore jrbikes
modified
3/29/2010 8:37:28 PM

works on all stocks, watch the pennies, a lot of failed set ups! if you are trading pennies, (swing trading) you have to watch for the set up, then the initial pull back, then the break over resistance, really need confirmation on the pennies.

Look at XCHO or WAVX, go back 3 months ( I always look at 3 month daily ) see when both broke out and the MA's lined up and were ascending, then the price pulled back, then traded over the high established above the initial breakout, that was the signal (confirmation). you can buy on the pull back, but you will go broke trying to time it, I know, I did it, please wait for the break out over the initial high established on the break out! you have to wait for the set up! also look at the angle of the ascending MA's, I know they are lagging, but you have to trust them! (they represent price action)!
hope this helps! look at F, same thing, its in the weekly, daily, intraday, multiple time frames!

You cant use stops on pennies, has to be mental, stick to it or else!

Look at ECNG, that was the signal today, and it broke even numbers (well 15 is odd, but still even)

It will be on watch, I have been so busy putting in resistance lines, I have been slacking up!

sekhar
2 posts
msg #90556
Ignore sekhar
3/30/2010 1:55:58 AM

Hi!
Could anyone help me with a "reverse head and shoulders" filter?
Thank you very much.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I give you the filters, why, why, why<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.