StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · IBD top 100: Can we rely in this market<< >>Post Follow-up
raviram80
30 posts
msg #88789
Ignore raviram80
2/26/2010 1:33:08 PM

Look at the link below.
It says IBD stocks have not performed well in the current market.

http://wishingwealthblog.com/2010/02/ibd-100-top-10-stocks-get-trounced-in-market-decline/

Is it right that if we run filters like MA (10/50 or 7/47) crossovers in the current market for these stocks, it could still be profitable

thanks

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #88807
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
2/26/2010 7:46:48 PM

I think that you need to think also about the timeframe over which an IBD rating is based - it contains momentum, sure, but it also looks at 3-5 Q of profits and growth. The stocks are not bulletproof, but they are considered to be good investments for months to years.

That being said, I have also heard the being on the IBD top 100 is the "kiss of death", as the stock is overhyped and may therefore retrace aggressively if there is any adverse news.

One strategy is to buy equal shares of all 100, and rotate new ones in as they make the list. Over time it seems to be a profitable approach - some of those stocks will run up 600+% before falling out (example - FUQI, STEC, etc). People who got in when they first hit the list still did very well.

raviram80
30 posts
msg #88809
Ignore raviram80
2/26/2010 8:01:44 PM

Good Point.

So for them using MA crossover 10/50 filter should be good or better using 5% filter. Because in this week's top 100 list atleast none of the filters work. I checked them. What would be your recommendation

acfncp3
59 posts
msg #88984
Ignore acfncp3
3/3/2010 1:28:39 AM

Just wanted to share. I've been using IBD100 stocks for quite awhile. First I run them through SF to make sure they are optionable. Then I use the fact they are all uptrending stocks. I use SF to look for pull backs and bounces to continue the trend.

Bill

richo
74 posts
msg #88990
Ignore richo
3/3/2010 5:16:48 AM

If someone is a regular subscriber to IBD could you post the new additions to IBD 100 each week.

Thanks

Rich

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · IBD top 100: Can we rely in this market<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.