StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Ichimoku Cloud Oscillator<< >>Post Follow-up
guymar
113 posts
msg #93152
Ignore guymar
5/26/2010 4:08:30 AM

I have been looking at the Ichimoku cloud as a confirmation of trends and I find it quite useful as an extra - and very reassuring indicator. Would anyone like to help building an indicator?

Some basic, but sufficiently clear information can be found here:

http://www.fxwords.com/u/ichimoku-cloud.html

Formulas:

• Tenkan Line; (highest high + lowest low)/2 calculated over last 9 periods.
• Kijun Line; (highest high + lowest low)/2 calculated over last 26 periods.
• Chikou Span; (most current closing price plotted 26 time periods back.
• Senkou Span A; (Tenkan line + Kijun Line)/2 plotted 26 time periods ahead
• Senkou Span B; (highest high + lowest low)/2 calculated over past 52 time periods, sent 26 periods ahead.

Then the different signals are in function of line cross-overs and relative positions of one line compared to another

It proved particularly useful yesterday in the minute chart of the S&P500 as you can see here:

http://chart.ly/9dbmvt

guymar
113 posts
msg #93188
Ignore guymar
5/27/2010 2:29:21 AM

I guess Optionplayer33 gets it right.....

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Ichimoku Cloud Oscillator<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.