StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Increase your odds of winning, the ULTIMATE FILTER<< >>Post Follow-up
calhawk01
135 posts
msg #89071
Ignore calhawk01
modified
3/4/2010 12:09:37 PM

Forget all of the filters in the world. I think the most ultimate filter is the "Time filter."
At what time during the day are you going short or long a particular stock? Of course, filters are good for finding the stocks that fit your criteria, but I believe that you can tremendously increase your odds of winning by understanding timing of wall street. What time is the best time to go LONG on a stock? Yes, there is a TIME during the market hours, where most stocks are going up, and vise verse. I would love to hear other people's opinions on this topic.

9:30-10AM stocks are going up. Try not to establish any LONG positions on stocks that are GREEN because odds (i made them up) are that 8 out of 10 stocks will go down due to profit taking.

9:30-10AM Go long on stocks that opened RED

10-12AM short stocks that are green.

12-1AM cover your shorts or go long on stocks that opened green and now have consolidated all day (play the bounce) of course a desirable setup is required.

1AM- After looking at the charts of a given stock you will most likely have a good idea how it will close and how it will open the next day, unless something occurs during after hours.

What do you think? What times do you think are important during the market hour?

calhawk01
135 posts
msg #89072
Ignore calhawk01
3/4/2010 12:26:46 PM

Also, if anyone has a article that discuses this topic, please share it. I know when I read "Day trading for beginners", in the 1st chapter there was a small discussion on such topic.

Venice
82 posts
msg #89079
Ignore Venice
3/4/2010 2:25:23 PM

I was just thinking of posting this as well.

For momentum plays, this has worked incredibly well for me. If the stock you are looking at rallies in the morning, wait for the first pull back and a new base formation at 10:30. The trend reverses and heads back up at this point. Granted, this is on par with stocks that have just gapped up the current morning, so it may be specific to that. But I have noticed that the direction from 10:30-11 will tell the direction of the stock for the rest of the day. Does it find its base and start going back up? Or is it in massive correction mode from that nice little gap up and profit taking.

10:30 is my baby.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #89089
Ignore miketranz
modified
3/4/2010 5:41:51 PM

All the action is right off the open print.The first 30 min is where the highs and lows of the day are made,a greater percentage of the time.Public money flows in the market at the open,on the long side,only to be shorted by professionals.Order imbalances off the open is where the moneys at.That's why "fade the gap" works so well,a greater percentage of the time,on certain stocks.As we all know,or should know,most stocks follow the SPY index.Whatever way the SPY moves,has a major effect on most individual stocks.I find through person experience day trading,that if you can't make money in the first 15 min,you probably won't make it at the rest of the day.There is just not enough volatility,price action,movement,in general.Anything past the first 30 min,in my opinion,is unpredictable.The market itself is unpredictable.The one thing I found to be predictable is fear & greed.Professional money buys fear & sells greed all day long.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Increase your odds of winning, the ULTIMATE FILTER<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.