StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Is there a problem with the count function?<< >>Post Follow-up
dbyrt
70 posts
msg #56103
Ignore dbyrt
10/28/2007 10:06:52 AM

Has anyone else found problems with the count function?

I know the Rumpledone uses it quite a lot.
I keep finding that when you try and count the occurences over, say 100 days, often the stock that has the most, doesn't always have 100 data points.

Simple example here:

set{dayago, close one day ago}
set{openup, count(open is above dayago,100)}
add column openup
sort column 5 descending

(e.g, how many days in 100 does a stock open up from its close).

The highest scoring ones, e.g., 90 times out of 100, often don't have 100 data points. Not sure how the count comes up with such a high number.
Chart the top scoring one, MOO, or AEF, and see that it only has about 40 data points. How did it count 90?!

Any ideas.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #56104
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/28/2007 10:27:06 AM

100 days is the maximum for COUNT.

dbyrt
70 posts
msg #56105
Ignore dbyrt
10/28/2007 10:30:41 AM

I know 100 days is the max, I'm looking at 100 days in my counts, but some things come back with, say 90 out of 100, but when you look, they only have about 40 data points or less.!!!

dbyrt
70 posts
msg #56139
Ignore dbyrt
10/29/2007 7:56:25 AM

Stockfetcher staff, can you take a look at this Count function. It obviously has a problem as discussed?

Thanks

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Is there a problem with the count function?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.