StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Joe Grossinger's Short Term Filter<< >>Post Follow-up
rrochon
117 posts
msg #32985
Ignore rrochon
8/25/2004 5:01:23 PM

Joe,

Are you still running the filter you posted earlier this year?

"Show stocks where Close dropped more than 20 percent over the last 1 day
and Average Volume(90) is above 50000
and close is between .25 and 2.50
and date offset is 5"

If so, is it still working? I tried backtesting it for various days and there were some big loosers and not many winners. Possibly it only works if the market is trending up.

Do you just buy the top 3 to 5 stocks, or do you watch them and buy if they go and hold green for 15 minutes?

I noticed that some stocks that drop 20% one day keep dropping for the next few days. Might be hard to sleep.

Thanks,

Dick

kgriffen
49 posts
msg #32990
Ignore kgriffen
8/25/2004 8:52:15 PM

I asked the same question a while ago and got no response. I use a modified form of his filter, since I am not comfortable trading stocks under $1.00 or with real low liquidity. I use:

Fetcher[Show stocks where
Close dropped more than 30 percent over the last 1 day
and Average Volume(90) is above 100000
and volume is above 100000
and close is above 1.00
]

I don't enter the stock unless it is up the next day after 10:01 am EST. If it is up, then I enter the stock and immediately place a 4% STOP LOSS.

Under the same concept, I also use this one:

Fetcher[show stocks where rsi(3) is increasing for 1 day
and rsi(3) is below 25
and average volume(90) is greater than 100000
and volume is greater than average volume(90)
and price is between 1 and 12
and add column rsi(3) and sort by column 5
]

Good trading,
kg

rrochon
117 posts
msg #32992
Ignore rrochon
8/25/2004 9:25:59 PM

Thanks, KG. Backtests on these look good. I'll watch BBI, HIX and YAKC tomorrow at 10:01.

Do you watch the market before you trade to make sure it is going up, or just play each stock from its chart, regardless of what the market is doing?

I notice that these do not use the filter, "and 60 day slope of close is above 0", so they can be trending down. Does this seem to make a difference?

Dick

rrochon
117 posts
msg #33018
Ignore rrochon
8/27/2004 1:08:52 PM

KG,

Another question, please. Being located on the west coast I hate to get up at 6:30 to check the stocks. Would you suggest placeing a buy order 1% above the close after the market closes, or should I wait until it has been green 15 minutes like Muddy does?

Also, do you still buy if it gaps up 5% on the open, or is up 5% at 10:01 am?

I guess that's two questions.

Thanks,

Dick

Thanks,

Dick

defghca
150 posts
msg #33067
Ignore defghca
8/31/2004 7:26:30 AM

where is Joe these days? is he still trading and posting

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #33091
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/1/2004 9:01:20 PM

No he is selling engraved zippo lighters - NO JOKE!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Joe Grossinger's Short Term Filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.