StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Joules360 Le-Sling Scan<< >>Post Follow-up
Joules360
30 posts
msg #33281
Ignore Joules360
9/16/2004 11:37:06 PM

Thanks to help of fellow StockFetchers here...I was able to tweak this scan to kick out Stocks in a weekly uptrend that have a daily pullback and a potential turn back to the upside for a trend continuation.

Fetcher[Le-Sling Scan tShow stocks where Weekly Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is above 70
and Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is below 30
and Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is above 20
and Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K 1 day ago is below 20 /* added this */
and Average Volume(90) is above 100,000
and close is between 5.00 and 200.00
and price is above MA(50)and price is above MA(20)
and Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K crossed above Slow Stochastic(5,3) Slow %D
and Price increasing for 1 day
]

This is best used by buying all of them in equal increments and letting the winners run and the losers go. I personally use http://www.foliofn.com for 50 stocks in one folio wtih 200 trades a month for a flat fee of $19.95. Go the website and takes its FREE trial run on the watch accounts to see if you like it.

It allows diversification and low commissions to get in and out of these picks. The key is to have 30 or more of the 50 moving up to give you a net ++ in your portfolio....I would say that it is feasable to get 1% a week with low risk having all your money working at the same time. You can double your portfolio every 2 years if you watch it at least weekly to keep replacing the stocks with fresh picks to get the meat out of every run. Most stocks have a great run that is short and sweet and make up for the rest of the lackluster year...Its our job to locate the poetential run..and seize it...hehe....then get out...and find another...over and over again..its really fun too!

You can put as little as you want in each stock...I personally put $1000 in each...so even if one went bankrupt by chance during your week hold...its only a small portion of the total. You could put $5 in each pick for all they care...I dont see any minimums...as long as you stay within your 200 trades a month...Trading is only at 11am and 2 pm daily. They utilize what they call window trades...set them anytime 24 hours a day..and they execute in the nearest time frame at 11a or 2p.

I do not work for FOLIOFN.COM....I am just a satified customer of 3 years and its a great way to ultilize any of the scanned picks. They also take care of your schedule-D at years end with the click of the mouse. Downloads in text format as a Schedule-D for the accountant. Important...because I am always buying in dollar increments which gives you 22.345579990 shares of a stock...hehe....who wants to put that on a schedule-D by hand....lol..not me...foliofn does that for free.

I also trade a ROTH IRA for me and my wife...and Regular IRA and a taxable account....The ROTH IRA is the best...you can roll all your money over and over and its ALL TAX FREE!....I love to trade that one...its all gravy!

Please visit the site if you are interested..if you have any questions..they are great on the phone...or I can help you as well.

I started this thread so we could all discuss this Le-Sling scan and even tweak it some more...I dont want to overdue it...because it starts to limit some stocks that may have the best potential.

Remember one thing...I dont care if they sell widgets...as long as it comes up on this scan...and is in an uptrend...hehe..

In other words...I dont analyze the companies before I throw them into Foliofn and buy them...its just another stock..no emaotions...just returns % is all that interests me....

Let the fundamentalists do all the homework..I just like the chart...hehe...and usually the chart is a good reflection of the fundamentals anyway...lol...not counting ENRON etc...etc....hehe

Good Trading!
Joules360

Joules360
30 posts
msg #33301
Ignore Joules360
9/18/2004 1:40:46 AM

Ok...again with much help from the many great StockFetcher Programmers here...I have put my ideas to work and have come up with a scan for both a LONG or SHORT market day:

Here is the Joules360 Le-Sling Long Scan when the Market opens Higher:

Fetcher[Shoe stocks where Weekly Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is above 70
and price is above MA(50)and price is above MA(20)
and Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K crossed above Slow Stochastic(5,3) Slow %D
and Price increasing for 1 days
]

Here is the Joules360 Le-Sling Short Scan for when the market opens Lower:

Fetcher[Show stocks where Weekly Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is below 30
and Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is below 80
and Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is above 70
and Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K 1 day ago is above 80 /* added this */
and price is below MA(50)and price is below MA(20)
and Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K crossed below Slow Stochastic(5,3) Slow %D
and Price decreasing for 1 days
]

Good Trading!
Joules360

kgriffen
49 posts
msg #33342
Ignore kgriffen
9/21/2004 9:16:18 PM

Great scan. I was curious for these three lines:

Would this work:
and Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is increasing for 1 day

I have it written that way in a few scans of my own.
-kg

cegis
235 posts
msg #33345
Ignore cegis
9/22/2004 8:49:44 AM

kg,

Joules360 is specifically looking for Slow Stochastic(5,2) to cross above 20 from below on the day a stock is picked. Your "increasing for 1 day" doesn't have any specific value that is being checked. Joules360's is therefore a subset of yours. Both can be considered "valid", but they are different...

HTH,

C

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Joules360 Le-Sling Scan<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.