StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Key Reversals<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38782
Ignore alf44
11/9/2005 2:06:52 AM

...also...as a follow-up to my last post...

...what I'm talking about here when I say "Key Reversal Day" is in Candlestick terminology an Engulfing Candle !

Key Reversal Days are essentially :

Bearish Engulfing Candles at "TOPS" (or new 60 day Highs with my filter) !

Bullish Engulfing Candles at "BOTTOMS" (or new 60 day Lows with my filter) !

-------------------

So, nothing really groundbreaking here. fwiw

That's not to say these one day patterns can't be profitable if played correctly.

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38792
Ignore alf44
11/9/2005 3:41:44 PM

Another great Key Reversal Day example...

...pull-up a 3 Month Daily chart of JPM !

Take a look at the Oct. 13 '05 candle !

JPM made a new 60 day Low on Oct. 13 (this was also a new 52 week Low)...it successfully tested and held Support from the Low made back in April of this year !

The OPEN was very nearly the Low of the day...the CLOSE was very nearly the HIGH of the day !

It was an Outside Day !

Text book example of a Key Reversal Day !

JPM has practically been parabolic since Oct. 13...up about 14% in 20 days !

Not bad for a stodgy ole DOW 30 stock huh ?

BTW, my filter (posted above) nailed this move to the day...as well as the WMT (Sept. 22 Key Reversal Day) example I pointed out in a previous post ! fwiw

Regards,

alf44

riggs
313 posts
msg #38797
Ignore riggs
11/9/2005 7:18:53 PM

"Barney"

Look, it's a nice filter first off. But let's keep it that way okay? I know it's your first filter and all, but pull your pants back up because it's hardly warranted of the coveted "Technition of the year" award! . We ALL know how to back test, so we can see how your "Dog" stocks like (WMT)and(JPM)performed. I've already improved upon it, so now I'm just waiting for 'TRO'to add some last minute "chrome" to it. So take a couple of nitroglycerin pills and get out of the way B-4 you break the darn thing! LOL...

Regards,

THE MIGHTY RIGGS

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38799
Ignore alf44
11/9/2005 10:19:11 PM

well...

...while you're...ah hem..."waiting for 'TRO' to add some last minute "chrome" to it"...why don't you go ahead and share with us how...YOU...have "already improved upon it" ?

I'm down right giddy with anticipation ! LOL

So...let's hear it goofus !

We're ALL EARS !!!

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38801
Ignore alf44
11/9/2005 11:00:09 PM

BTW...

...if you're gonna pretend to be a real live grown up "Technician"...

...LEARN TO SPELL..."TECHNICIAN" !!!

As for improvements...I've already made'em !

I don't need you're lame-ass Elder Force or Inverse Fisher Transform BS or some such !

And as for TRO's "chrome add ons" (as you called them)...well...I'll always ready to listen to what TRO has to say !

HE'S DA LOGIC MAN...

and...it IS afterall HIS thread !

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38802
Ignore alf44
11/9/2005 11:03:34 PM

should,ve read...

..."And as for TRO's "chrome add ons" (as you called them)...well...I'll always "BE" ready to listen to what TRO has to say !

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38803
Ignore alf44
11/9/2005 11:05:25 PM

...ah...hem..."should've" read...jeeez

Sorry TRO !

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #38805
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/9/2005 11:19:29 PM

You guys crack me up!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38806
Ignore alf44
11/9/2005 11:30:49 PM

There is an old saying...

"Never argue with an idiot...
They will drag you down to their level...
And, beat you with experience !"

-------------------

That "old saying" never addressed arguing with an "imbecile" though...and that IS apparently what I'm up against here ! LOL

alf44

riggs
313 posts
msg #38810
Ignore riggs
11/10/2005 4:01:14 AM

And there's another old saying...

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the TRUTH has a chance to get it's pants on." - Winston Churchill -

But I always like this one the best...

"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised
they're going to be when you kill them." - William Clayton -

So keep spell checking pal. I love it!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Key Reversals<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.