StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · LONG - SHORT market survey<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
maxbasily
57 posts
msg #54252
Ignore maxbasily
8/21/2007 7:18:58 AM

hi guys, thx for responding .keep it up. here´s my humble view:

I. I agree with niko: countrywide or someone else could/will go bankrupt.
II.Have heard from CFO sources over in Europe "that things are far worse than portrayed" - the PR guys are busy full time at concealing the "real" thing from the public
III. SP500 by all logic and past experience should retest the lows in the next 10 days. If/when it does, FED will take the panic moment to cut FED funds rate
IV. BIG Question: BUY at the retest - or go SHORT each "up-pullback"..

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54256
Ignore nikoschopen
8/21/2007 11:21:35 AM

Actually, Bernanke & Co. will hold off the rate cut until the next Fed meeting on the 9/19. The reason? They can't afford to lose their image by being a cheerleader for the stock market.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54258
Ignore nikoschopen
8/21/2007 12:16:41 PM

I should also add that if we were to take out the previous low registered last Thursday, no Fed intervention (aka prostitution) can stop this market from being raped, to say the least. :)

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #54259
Ignore msummer2007
8/21/2007 12:21:39 PM

Couldn't agree more. Bernacke and friends are bailing out their golf buddies. There is still more in their bag of tricks, be careful going short. By all rights this market should be heading south, but you won't see that until all his friends are out of long positions and now are short.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54260
Ignore nikoschopen
8/21/2007 12:40:24 PM

Market's losing its footing. Can it be the inevitable bombshell that we've been anxiously waiting? LOL

maxbasily
57 posts
msg #54261
Ignore maxbasily
8/21/2007 3:35:53 PM

I felt it today: no news is good news. Will be jabbing quick shorts, but go short massively only if further bad news and blowups come up..

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #54262
Ignore msummer2007
8/21/2007 3:46:03 PM

Max I am looking for those opportunities, but it is treacherous with the Fed coming to the rescue at the first sign of a downturn. The Fed is doing everything except being actual purchasers of stocks. Though I wouldn't doubt they are doing just that as well.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54264
Ignore nikoschopen
8/21/2007 4:41:54 PM

I suppose then we're on the journey of self-fulfilling prophecy. Now that everyone is betting on the Fed to save the day, Bernanke the patron saint must oblige by cutting the rate. For some reason, this whole rationale sounds totally wacky to me.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · LONG - SHORT market survey<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.