StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · MA (8) short filter revision<< >>Post Follow-up
deejal
45 posts
msg #60590
Ignore deejal
modified
3/18/2008 1:34:17 AM

Ok, 5 years, $30,000 in the hole, nothing has "gone my way" ever.
So, after a few paid websites, one uses the MA(8) as an indicator for long and shorts. I have come up with this for shorts.

Fetcher[
show stocks where close crossed below EMA (8) one day ago and
full stochastics %K(14,3) cross below %D (3) one day ago and
close is between 10 and 60 dollars and
volume is greater than 50000
]

I am looking for something *simple* and not elaborate and it's based on a weekly chart, not daily.
so far, what I have come up with has worked well, but the market, as we all know, is a mess.

Thanks.

deejal
45 posts
msg #60591
Ignore deejal
modified
3/18/2008 1:34:46 AM

I went back and made it clickable.

mktmole
325 posts
msg #60622
Ignore mktmole
3/18/2008 5:49:24 PM

U are aware that all indicators above are Daily not weekly.
For weekly results try...

and weekly close crossed below weekly EMA (8) one week ago and etc etc

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60639
Ignore nikoschopen
3/19/2008 12:25:40 PM

deejal, haven't we all been there? Hang in there and one of these days ure patience will be greatly rewarded. One minor note I would like to add is that a filter alone will not make you rich. In order to succeed in this treacherous game, you need to develop a working strategy comprised of risk profile and money management. This basically means that, for every trade, you will first have to weigh the risk against the reward and then apply position sizing based on the risk profile. This way, you will never lose ure shirt completely.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · MA (8) short filter revision<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.