StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · MODIFIED CONNORS RSI(2) FILTER<< 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >>Post Follow-up
DMUNCASTER
34 posts
msg #115356
Ignore DMUNCASTER
9/13/2013 1:34:47 PM

Kevin_in_GA:
i also have been getting into StratySearch. Aren't you concerned that running all combinations of variables and arriving at something that works gangbusters for a particular period, is just a form of data mining? Doesn't it do a great job of predicting the past with minimal relevance to the future?

DMUNCASTER
34 posts
msg #115357
Ignore DMUNCASTER
9/13/2013 1:38:28 PM

Kevin_in_GA:
i also have been getting into StratySearch. Aren't you concerned that running all combinations of variables and arriving at something that works gangbusters for a particular period, is just a form of data mining? Doesn't it do a great job of predicting the past with minimal relevance to the future?

DMUNCASTER
34 posts
msg #115358
Ignore DMUNCASTER
9/13/2013 1:39:19 PM

OOPs. I might have sent this twice.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #115359
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/13/2013 1:46:02 PM

Possibly, but several of the systems I have developed using SS are still doing quite well years after the system was optimized.

There is a risk of overfitting on any system, especially one that can do brute force calculations as fast as SS can. The key (for me at least) is two keep the complexity of the system as low as possible, and develop it from basic principles that inherently make sense. The Z-score system and the "BUY THE DIP" threads here at SF are examples of what I mean. Both started from a single basic premise, and were tweaked minimally to get to the versions I posted here.

DMUNCASTER
34 posts
msg #115365
Ignore DMUNCASTER
9/13/2013 4:37:38 PM

Just read through buying the dip thread and I see what you mean. I'm going into SS and check it out for varying time periods starting in 2008. Looks like nice work. I prefer swing trading and momentum trading and use a buy stop on longs of high one day ago +.02 and for shorts low 1 day ago - .02. That way I only get in if the price after the open is heading my way. It's served me well, and i intend to start using it in SS. Just to be the devils advocate, I tested your recent post on this thread over varying time periods starting in 2008. In general, it almost always produces a great win/loss ratio, but loses some horrendous amounts of cash, 25 - 35% over some 4-month periods

RocketFetcher
59 posts
msg #115373
Ignore RocketFetcher
modified
9/14/2013 8:14:58 PM

No one using or talking about Modified Connors RSI(s) filter in it's thread?
Does that mean no one using Connors RSI??

miko
68 posts
msg #115376
Ignore miko
9/15/2013 1:14:48 AM

This thread has nothing to do with Connors RSI, it was started years ago and concerns his use of 2-period RSI. Try a search for ConnorsRSI or Connors RSI, there have been more recent threads started.

RocketFetcher
59 posts
msg #115405
Ignore RocketFetcher
9/17/2013 7:27:07 PM

Mkay.

RocketFetcher
59 posts
msg #115407
Ignore RocketFetcher
9/17/2013 7:30:58 PM

To miko, which thread, exactly, would that be??
When I enter those search parameters, this thread is one of the top ones returned. The other ones returned seem dated.
Please post.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #115408
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/17/2013 7:41:33 PM

Try here:

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1001&tid=108942&qrid=

and

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/NEW-SYSTEM-WITH-INTEGRATED-5-STOP-LOSS/112177

This is most of what there has been developed and discussed regarding the ConnorsRSI system.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · MODIFIED CONNORS RSI(2) FILTER<< 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.