StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Markay Latimer<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
MomsLegacy
34 posts
msg #63340
Ignore MomsLegacy
6/4/2008 12:08:22 PM

Has anybody here ever heard of Markay Latimer, and if so, I was wondering if anybody has purchased any of her scans. And if so, what do you thikk of them??? They are supposed to be used with extreme charts. Also, I keep going back and forth can't decide which brokerage to use. I've been using Think or Swim, but not really sure if it's all it could be. Does tradestation offer free paper trading yet???

Thanks for any info.
Amy

ludowillems
111 posts
msg #63344
Ignore ludowillems
6/4/2008 3:17:03 PM

Amy, i've tried lots and lots of scans (and scams) and guru's and self-declared market wizzards and services and and and..... Forget about them: they can only guarantee one thing for shure: they are the ones making money, not you. Spend that money in a restaurant: it leaves you with a better taste afterwards. Regards, Ludo Willems

klynn55
747 posts
msg #63346
Ignore klynn55
6/4/2008 3:40:10 PM

See the" An Elite Group of Combo Stocks" under Filter Exchange here, if you had a for sure $5000.00 a day method, would you sell it? Would you put up with emails, questions, gripes, guarantees, etc. So beware of the sellers for they shall inherit hell! Look at muddy's stuff, he's not a seller either. The other day a 80% per year roi was posted, tested for five years, trades the iwm and the qqqq. Beware, beware of the sellers!

enforcer
21 posts
msg #63349
Ignore enforcer
6/4/2008 5:02:17 PM

to moms legacy.

izzykabaka says:
aint you lucky to have folks like these?. don't go chasing "blazing headlines". afterall with true dedication,some focus and in this game you don't have to be the best. if you are as good as average ( shouldn't stop you from becoming the best if you desire), it translates to real profits. Now that's some average!.
try things ( filters, scans, recommendations) out without money, put some on watchlists. pay close attention. and after a while you will find a pattern that works for you. try it .
try it. if it works reliably, stick to it.

jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #63481
Ignore jimhbutton
6/8/2008 2:56:24 AM

MomsLegacy,

I got into trading in the first place through the appeal of one of Markay's fellow instructor's at Better Trades who provided a daily lab that really helped in overcoming the initial button-pushing blocks and fears that novices tend to have. For a year I immersed myself in their tapes, conferences, and materials but didn't have any major breakthroughs till I stumbled onto StockFetchers while Googling one night.

In hindsight, if I knew then what I know now, the money would have been far better spent here at StockFetcher, familiarizing myself with the Filter Exchange freebies and filter building in general, with all the great assistance volunteered from TRO, Niko, Riggs, Chetron, & all the other gifted programmers.

That, combined with a decent real-time charting package (e.g. E-Signal, Quote.com, or LiveCharts.com) and a deep discount brokerage firm (I use Just2Trade.com) plus a real-time free scanner (e.g., MadScan) and anyone could engineer a tailor made do-it-yourself trading package for pennies on the dollar.

ludowillems
111 posts
msg #63490
Ignore ludowillems
6/8/2008 4:46:31 PM

jim,
you formulated the esssence of it all. Well done. Ludo

springhill
74 posts
msg #63505
Ignore springhill
6/9/2008 12:17:09 PM

Amy,

Markay and her associates at Better Trades are leftovers from the Wade Cook era of stock market instructions and methods. Wade didn't do real well - he went bankrupt! EVEN after making millions off clients to whom he sold courses, classes, books, videos etc. I speak from personal experience.

Like the others above say spend your time studying the "gurus" here at stock fetcher and you will be way ahead.

springhill

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #63506
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
6/9/2008 1:01:30 PM

Did I hear someone utter the name "Wade Cook?" LOL...this guy was the biggest bust in stock option history! How someone has access to MILLIONS, and go's "Bankrupt".....is beyond me! I actually took the time (about an hour) to read his "Bear Market Balony", and afterward wondered if I even learned anything. Shortly there after, I was speaking at a Technical seminar, and met a couple that were living in their Motorhome because of "Wade Cook!" They traveled with his traveling "circus" (they quoted), and by the time they made it back to the east coast, all their money was gone! This only took about 7-months. But he (Wade Cook Enterprises), made everyone that worked for him, invest into his philosophy. This ELDERLY couple clearly wern't very smart to begin with, but as they put it..."never, ever got any kind of sound financial advice." BTW, Wade Cook was a cab driver well into his 30's, before he was a financial advisor. - SO STAY CLEAR FROM ANY OF HIS STUDENTS, OR CRONNIES!!! -

RIGGS

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #63544
Ignore TrendSurfer
6/10/2008 12:07:45 PM

Wade Cook gets 88 months in prison and wife Laura Cook sentenced to 18 months.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/326180_cooksentence03.html

MomsLegacy
34 posts
msg #63566
Ignore MomsLegacy
6/10/2008 8:35:16 PM

Wow that's wierd. My mother in Law's neighbor gave my husband a wade cook book. We weren't too interested... But about 6 month's later we heard that neighbor was bK too... Now I guess we know why.

Okay, I've been futzing more with these filters.. I'm trying to build one that identifies ma crossovers. I use 200, 50, 20 and 10. I'd like a bollinger squeeze of course (don't we all) and average daily trading range of 2 bucks. 20 day Average volume greater than 1 million and cashflow pos or neg. of +/-2 million.

The one I made returns good ones but hasn't lately.

Thanks for all the info about Markay. I hate buying stuff like that too. That old saying, "give a dog a bone he'll eat for a day, Teach a dog to hunt he'll eat forever" I just really want to know and understand this, not just be this robotic gamer who lets a computer make or lose money, and then blame it on somebody else. I'll bet we all know at least one of these.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Markay Latimer<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.