StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Momemtum indicator to gauge strength of the market<< >>Post Follow-up
srinisu
22 posts
msg #79063
Ignore srinisu
9/11/2009 1:53:20 PM

Guys/Gals:

I like to use the following indicator to gauge the strength of the market. Like anything else, without pulling down the values and analyzing it, conclusions can't be made.

Bearish momo: show stocks where Momentum (5) crossed below CEMA(Momentum (5),3)
Bullish momo: show stocks where Momentum (5) crossed below CEMA(Momentum (5),3)

Question: I'd like to download the data for both those conditions for the past 2 years. How can I achieve that with StockFetcher?

Thx.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #79088
Ignore chetron
9/11/2009 6:25:51 PM

just backtest each one for 2 years and just review it online and/or download the csv file.
fixed above/below typo...............

Fetcher[

Bearish momo: show stocks where Momentum (5) crossed below CEMA(Momentum (5),3)
]

Fetcher[

Bullish momo: show stocks where Momentum (5) crossed above CEMA(Momentum (5),3)
]

Fetcher[
set{var1,CEMA(Momentum (5),3)}

set{mobear,count(Momentum(5) crossed below var1,1)}
set{mobull,count(Momentum(5) crossed above var1,1)}
set{vplays,mobear + mobull}

add column mobear
add column mobull

draw mobull on plot mobear

vplays above .5
do not draw vplays

chart-time 2 year
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Momemtum indicator to gauge strength of the market<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.