StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Money Flow<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #98041
Ignore DMOBRIEN
12/17/2010 9:31:08 AM

Money in and out ... as I see it. Any suggestions?

Fetcher[/* Establish Accumulation and Distribution */

set{AD1, close - low}
set{AD2, High - close}
set{AD3, High - low}
set{EQ1, AD1 - AD2}
set{EQ2, EQ1 / AD3}
set{EQ3, EQ2 * volume}
set{ACDST, sum(EQ3,20) / 20}
set{ACUMDISTAV, cema(ACDST, 5)}
draw ACDST
draw ACUMDISTAV on plot ACDST
set{zero, 0}
draw zero on plot ACDST

/* Custom Pivot Point Moving Averages */

set{ppma12, cema(pp,12)}
set{ppma44, cema(pp,44)}

/* Alert to Possible Triggers */

set{BUY, acdst crossed above acumdistav}
set{SELL, acdst crossed below acumdistav}
draw buy
draw sell on plot buy

/* Money Flow Relative Strength */
set{up,count(close above close 1 day ago,5)}
set{down,count(close below close 1 day ago,5)}
set{MF, pp * volume}
set{UPMF, MF * up}
set{PMF, sum(UPMF,14)}
set{DNMF, MF * down}
set{NMF, sum(DNMF,14)}
set{ratio, PMF / NMF}
set{MFI, 1 + ratio}
set{MFSI, 100 / MFI}
set{MFRSI, 100 - MFSI}
set{fifty,50}
draw mfrsi
draw fifty on plot mfrsi
add column buy
add column sell
add column mfrsi
draw ppma12 on plot price
draw ppma44 on plot price
draw lri(100)
price between .30 and 5
average volume(40) > 50000
chart-time is 9 months
]

irishpitbull
54 posts
msg #98058
Ignore irishpitbull
12/17/2010 11:43:47 AM

The filter is to long.

sierraseller
23 posts
msg #98080
Ignore sierraseller
12/18/2010 12:29:45 AM

Nice work!
I need to really spend more time on this to understand if fully, but if I get the most basic logic, a stock with a high mfrsi score and buy =1 score is a good long prospect?

I got 971 stocks back so I added a few lines to filter out stocks with a zero buy score and a mfrsi score below 60. Top of the list was LEE. A chart shows the breakout happened 12/3 and the trend is strongly up.

Any comments on the above would be appreciated.

DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #98081
Ignore DMOBRIEN
12/18/2010 1:50:27 AM

Alright Bill - you've dialed it in. There is some indicator cross referencing to do here and the signal sensitivity is high on the Buy/Sell piece, however you can look at the higher highs and lower lows of the indicators for additional information. I did have an accumulation/distribution ratio that captured the ratio when accumulation was above '0" for a length of time but it was a bit confusing. At any rate I hope some will find this useful, and it would be nice if some of our frequent posters could perhaps add statistical data or just expound on this approach. For example adding fundamentals such as eps > eps lastq, or roe > 10, etc., or even institutional holder % versus institutional holder % one month ago. One more thing FWIW, the formula for A/D is nothing new and is based on the "close location value" of Chaikin - there are many here that are much more capable of setting this up in a more elegant, meaningful manner.

Dave

sierraseller
23 posts
msg #98082
Ignore sierraseller
12/18/2010 2:53:23 AM

Hi Dave:

The link shows the LEE daily chart. One thing that would really make this great is the ability to see if the money flow/rsi ramp up began just before the 12/3 lift off or on 12/3 or not till later. The dotted lines on the chart are David Elliot's MOBO (modified Bollinger Bands set to 5 days and +/- .8 std dev's plus a Fisher algorithm. Adding a filter that catches an upturn of the slope of a standard/modified upper BB or a short term sma (the yellow solid line is 20 sma which is still flat on 12/3) might be useful.

http://screencast.com/t/jeTLiL94Z0

sierraseller
23 posts
msg #98083
Ignore sierraseller
12/18/2010 3:03:31 AM

When I reread the above I see I wasn't crisp in describing things. I see that the bottom studies on the chart let you the see the MF/RS /price build up. What I was trying to describe was a way to capture the ramp up of all three when it starts via a filter that only shows candidates for ramping up.

DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #98084
Ignore DMOBRIEN
12/18/2010 9:34:56 AM

Bill - The 3 month chart may be a little easier to see the "buy" signal on Dec 2 and A/D is showing a positive slope out of a heavy distribution cycle where price met support. Looks like there was one prior on Nov. 15 as well. You could cross reference the %short on FINVIZ just for fun. The MFRSI should provide confirmation.

DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #98085
Ignore DMOBRIEN
12/18/2010 9:48:27 AM

looking at this I like NLS with over 33% Insiders holding

DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #98087
Ignore DMOBRIEN
12/18/2010 9:59:44 AM

Nov 22 "sell" signal on CEU hmmm...

duke56468
683 posts
msg #98088
Ignore duke56468
12/18/2010 11:35:08 AM

Is there a way to adjust this filter without hurting the results that will avoid the dreded
"Your StockFetcher filter exceeds filter performance restrictions"? TIA.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Money Flow<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.