StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Moving Average Filter + Price range<< >>Post Follow-up
jhenninger
63 posts
msg #50962
Ignore jhenninger
4/10/2007 8:06:02 AM

Relatively new at creating my own syntax, and I was wondering if there was a way to specify where the price is in relation to a moving average? For instance, is there syntax available that can find stocks that are (x)% above/below their respective moving averages (such as 1% above the 50(MA), but 1% below the 20(MA))? Also, I was wondering if anyone is aware of a price filter syntax that can scan for price contraction, such as the narrowest range in the past (x) days?

Any help/direction is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Jon (jmiles301@gmail.com)

mktmole
325 posts
msg #50966
Ignore mktmole
4/10/2007 9:37:26 AM

Try this for a start. Change "less than" / "more than" and values to suit.
Fetcher[show stocks where close is less than 1 percent above MA(50) and close is less than 1% below MA(20)
and Average Volume(90) is above 5000000
and close is between 5 and 250
and date offset 1 day
]

Try entering "narrow range", All Documents, in the Search Feature.

jhenninger
63 posts
msg #50976
Ignore jhenninger
4/10/2007 12:09:17 PM

thanks for the reply -- appreciate it. i have tried to use what you provided as a starter, and for some reason the syntax doesn't appear to be bringing up what it should be ...

for instance, i am using:

"Show stocks where close is less than 1% above MA(50) and close is more than 2% below MA(20)
and Average Volume(90) is above 5000000
and close is between 5 and 250
and date offset 1 day"

and the list includes MO, WM, WB, ALTR, STX to name a few ... which, as far as I can tell do not fit the criteria. am i missing something here? essentially, I am trying to scan for moving average bounce candidates with this particular filter.

jhenninger
63 posts
msg #50977
Ignore jhenninger
4/10/2007 12:14:04 PM

i think i might have figured out what i was doing wrong. it seems to be a real quick fix ...

i used...

"Show stocks where price is more than 1% above ma(50) and price is more than 2% below ma(20)"

and that seemed to work (this was feedback left from another poster in the other forum). not sure what exactly was wrong with the other syntax. thx for the response again..

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Moving Average Filter + Price range<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.