StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Moving Average Fluctuation Indication Algorythm (MAFIA)<< >>Post Follow-up
RoyPope
12 posts
msg #122697
Ignore RoyPope
1/30/2015 10:07:01 PM

Hi all. I'm new on StockFetcher (signed up last night). Anyhow, below is an indicator that I wrote some years ago which I call MAFIA (Moving Average Fluctuation Indication Algorythm).

The objective of the MAFIA is to attempt to detect MACD(12,26,9) crossovers a day or two before they happen. So far, it seems to work fairly well.

As you can see from the chart, there are two lines - the MAFIA and his Trigger Man. When the MAFIA crosses above the Trigger, a BUY (Go LONG) signal is fired. Likewise, when the MAFIA crosses below the Trigger then a SELL (Go SHORT) signal is fired.

The indicator is based on slight changes (Fluctuations) in the MACD Fast and Slow lines. It seems to work best for stocks in medium to wide ascending and descending channels.

I'd really like to improve on this indicator, if at all possible, to reduce the "noise" on the MAFIA line caused by temporary fluctuations. Any advice anyone can offer would be most appreciated.

Fetcher[
/* General Overview */
Market is not OTCBB

/* Price and Volume */
Close is between 1 and 50
Average Volume(90) is greater than 50000
Volume is greater than 50000

/* Position of the MACD Lines */
MACD Fast Line(12,26,9) is below MACD Slow Line(12,26,9)
MACD Fast Line(12,26,9) is greater than -1
MACD Slow Line(12,26,9) is greater than 0
High 1 day ago is less than High 2 days ago

/* CALCULATE INDICATOR AND TRIGGER */
set{A, MACD Fast Line(12,26,9) 1 day ago - MACD Fast Line(12,26,9) 2 days ago}
set{MAFIA, MACD Fast Line(12,26,9) - MACD Fast Line(12,26,9) 1 day ago}

set{C, MACD Slow Line(12,26,9) 1 day ago - MACD Slow Line(12,26,9) 2 days ago}
set{Trigger, MACD Slow Line(12,26,9) - MACD Slow Line(12,26,9) 1 day ago}

/* BUY SIGNAL */
set{E, A - C}
set{F, MAFIA - Trigger}

F is greater than E
MAFIA is greater than Trigger

Do Not Draw E
Do Not Draw F
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Moving Average Fluctuation Indication Algorythm (MAFIA)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.