StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Muddy Zone<< >>Post Follow-up
mantis2k4
20 posts
msg #41186
Ignore mantis2k4
2/13/2006 10:07:58 PM

I got this idea from one of muddy's concepts.

Fetcher[/*Liquidity*/
price between .01 and 50
average volume(90) is above 3000

/*bull over bought*/
set{FiftyTwo, count(close reached new 52 week high within the last 4 days, 1)}
set{BBreach, count(high went above upper bollinger band within the last 4 days, 1)}
set{VolHigh, count(volume reached new 30 day high within the last 4 days, 1)}
set{Both, FiftyTwo + BBreach}
set{Total, VolHigh + Both}
Both above 0

/*pull back*/
close below ema(13)
close above ma(20)

/*display*/

set{PChange, close - close 1 day ago}
set{rank1, price + PChange}
set{rank, rank1 - Total}

add column RSI(2)
add column FiftyTwo
add column BBreach
add column VolHigh
add column Both
add column Total
add column rank
draw bollinger band(20)
draw bollinger band(20,3)
sort column 11 ascending
]

It finds stocks that recently made a new high, or breached the upper bollinger band and returns to the muddy zone (between ema13 and ma20.)

yepher
359 posts
msg #41190
Ignore yepher
modified
2/13/2006 11:32:48 PM

These two line are going to yield many un-tradable stocks and just waste your time:

price between .01 and 50
average volume(90) is above 3000

If you are trading a penny stock that is tading only 3000 shares you can barely make commission back.

A trick I like to do is multiply close and volume and than set criteria to make sure I trade less than 10% of the daily $$ amount traded.

Something like this
set{dVolume, close * volume}
dVolume > 1000000

I believe this is superior to the simple form (volume above 1000000).

My $.02
-- Yepher

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41196
Ignore TheRumpledOne
2/14/2006 7:24:19 AM

"A trick I like to do is multiply close and volume and than set criteria to make sure I trade less than 10% of the daily $$ amount traded."

I prefer trading no more the .10% of the daily volume. I don't want to be "stuck" with the "Old Maid"..LOL!

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

mantis2k4
20 posts
msg #41221
Ignore mantis2k4
2/15/2006 10:02:58 AM

Thanks, that helps. I usualy just look through the charts to determine if there tradeable.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Muddy Zone<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.