and williams accumulation distribution above -.024
and obv increasing for last 4 days
]

lillian
26 posts
msg #100891
Ignore lillian
5/24/2011 8:52:53 PM

subpennies? i think you need to add some price crit to this and then loosen the filters.

starfox182
24 posts
msg #100930
Ignore starfox182
modified
5/27/2011 6:57:19 AM

I fixed this to give much more symbols. I backtested several areas and some did horrible while other timeframes did great. Still trying to weed out the red. Feel free to improve this. :) I'm still a newb at coding....

Fetcher[
and Average Volume(90) above 200000
and Average Volume(10) above 150000
set{channeltop,high 8 day high}
set{channelbottom,low 8 day low}
set{tchg, channeltop minus channeltop 8 days ago }
set{bchg, channelbottom minus channelbottom 8 days ago}
set{atchg, abs(tchg)}
set{abchg, abs(bchg)}
set{channeltopchange, atchg / channeltop}
set{channelbottomchange, atchg / channeltop}
and channeltop < 50 percent above channelbottom
and channeltopchange < 10
and channelbottomchange < 10
RSI(2) below 5
]

jimvin
170 posts
msg #100940
Ignore jimvin
5/27/2011 8:32:53 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about the negatives in backtsting using the Fetcher tool. As brilliant as the other tools here are, the backtest criteria available don't offer the pattern(s) that match my trading style. As a result, I've made a lot of very profitable trades recently whle the backtesting models I was able to create approximating my trading style indicated I was losing a fortune.

My suggestion would be to play the filter on paper for 6 to 8 weeks and see how the results fit your trading style and use that as your gauge.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · My channel filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.