StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · NEW PRICE/VOLUME FILTER<< >>Post Follow-up
chetron
2,817 posts
msg #51193
Ignore chetron
modified
4/18/2007 1:22:20 PM

THIS IS MY P/V FILTER. I HAVE TROUBLE MAKING GOOD USE OF THE REGULAR VOLUME INDICATORS, SO I CAME UP WITH ONE OF MY OWN. I LIKE THE STOCHASTIC INDICATOR FOR PRICE SO I USE THE SAME FORMULA ON VOLUME AND NOW I GET IT. I CAN SEE THE RELATIONSHIP CLEARER NOW. IF ANYONE HAS SOME INPUT ON IMPROVING THIS, LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

Fetcher[

/* TACHIKAWA */
/* P/V FILTER */
set{var21, volume 5 day high}
set{var22, volume 5 day low}
set{var23, volume-var22}
set{var24, var21-var22}
set{var25, var23/var24}
set{VOLK, var25*100}
set{VOLD, cma(VOLK,5)}

set{var1, high 5 day high}
set{lo5, low 5 day low}
set{var3, close-lo5}
set{var4, var1-lo5}
set{var5, var3/var4}
set{PRICEK, var5*100}
set{PRICED, cma(PRICEK,5)}

draw PRICED on plot VOLD

add column PRICED
add column VOLD

VOLD ABOVE 50 AND PRICED BELOW 50 AND PRICED ABOVE PRICED 1 DAY AGO
]

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #51200
Ignore nikoschopen
4/18/2007 4:47:11 PM

Hmm, wouldn't it make more sense to reason that stocks with larger than normal volume, namely massive volume, are more indicative of an imminent breakout rather than those with meager volume that fluctuate between some arbitrary range?

Just my otherwise useless 2-cents.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #51203
Ignore chetron
4/18/2007 6:11:15 PM

what this can do, is that it can show you above average volume just before the monster volume day, instead of waiting to get in after the monster volume day.

dangreene
229 posts
msg #51214
Ignore dangreene
modified
4/19/2007 8:45:23 AM

chetron,

Thanks for sharing your filter. Nice work.

YOU SAID - -

"what this can do, is that it can show you above average volume just before the monster volume day, instead of waiting to get in after the monster volume day. "

I was hoping someone would come up with a way to anticipate and identify POTENTIAL plays BEFORE "the monster volume day".

Appreciate your efforts.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · NEW PRICE/VOLUME FILTER<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.