StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need help with price and volume filter<< >>Post Follow-up
hairyhead
12 posts
msg #45543
Ignore hairyhead
7/7/2006 11:51:04 PM

I would like to show stocks where the daily price, open to close increased for the last 3 days and the daily volume for each of the last 3 days was greater than the 10 day moving average volume. As an example:

Show stocks where close has been increasing for 3 days and volume > average volume(10) for the last 3 days.

Thanks, Jeff.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45548
Ignore nikoschopen
7/8/2006 2:41:37 AM

Jeff,

You seemed to have answered ure own question. When I ran the above filter, all of the matches met ure stated objective. Is there something else you expect to achieve?

hairyhead
12 posts
msg #45550
Ignore hairyhead
7/8/2006 9:05:01 AM

Nikoschopen, would you mind checking this. I ran many versions comparing price and volume. This version returned price correctly, but it seemed my daily volume criteria vs. my avg volume(10)was incorrect. I checked the data manually on Yahoo and it could be their volume data is incorrect. I would like to show stocks where the daily price, open to close increased for the last 3 days and the daily volume for each of the last 3 days was less than the 10 day moving average volume. As an example:

Show stocks where close has been increasing for 3 days and volume < average volume(10) for the last 3 days.
Thanks.

heypa
283 posts
msg #45559
Ignore heypa
7/8/2006 11:24:56 AM

hairyhead. You must always treat your instructions to stockfetchers filters with exact statements and assume nothing. The filters do not assume. Add the following line. and the close has been greater than the open for the last 3 days
Live long and prosper

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45576
Ignore nikoschopen
7/8/2006 5:41:14 PM

Jeff,

The second filter you provided above yielded stocks that, for the most part, had three days of white candles with volumes under the 10-day moving average. Hence I'm led to believe we're having a minor communication problem.

When you write "open to close increased for the last 3 days":

(1) do you mean the stock simply closed higher incrementally for the next 3 days (ie. Friday's close is higher than Thursday's close, which in turn is higher than Wednesday's close)?

OR

(2) do you mean the range of the "body" (open to close) that has subsequently increased for the next 3 days (ie. Wednesday had the body of $0.30, Thurdsday $0.50, and Friday $0.70)?

As heypa has already stated, it's not enough to merely conceptualize; you must learn to articulate ure thoughts in a machine-like semantics without any room for question.

hairyhead
12 posts
msg #45583
Ignore hairyhead
7/8/2006 10:30:06 PM

Nikoschopen and heypa, thanks for the help. I'm new to developing filters, but you'll help clarify things. Problem solved. Thanks again.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need help with price and volume filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.