StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need help writing a filter for tight trading range<< >>Post Follow-up
mehran
2 posts
msg #36974
Ignore mehran
7/18/2005 11:46:25 PM

Could anyone help me write a filter for a tight trading range (e.g. where High of the range has been 10% or less above the Low of the range) for the last, say, 20 days.
Thanks

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #37054
Ignore maxreturn
7/25/2005 12:34:12 PM

Here's one way to go about it

[set{20dh, high 20 day high}
set{20dl, low 20 day low}
set{x, 20dh divided by 20dl}
set{mv, x - 1}
show stocks where mv below .1 and add column mv and average volume(50) above 1000000]

mehran
2 posts
msg #37233
Ignore mehran
8/1/2005 10:17:20 PM

Thanks maxreturn.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37237
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/1/2005 11:23:39 PM

CLICK ON THE MAGNIFYING GLASS ICON TO THE LEFT OF THE WORD FETCHER:

Fetcher[
set{20dh, high 20 day high}
set{20dl, low 20 day low}
set{x, 20dh divided by 20dl}
set{mv, x - 1}
set{mvday, count(mv below .10, 20)}

and add column mv
and add column mvday
and add column 20dh
and add column 20dl

show stocks where mv below .1
average volume(50) above 1000000

sort column 6 descending
]

I threw in the count calculation MVDAY so you would know how many days MV was below .10 and I sorted descending on MVDAY so the stocks that were in that range the longest pop to the top. Also I added the 20 day high and low columns so you would know what those numbers were.

But, I guess to some, those are just bells and whistles.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need help writing a filter for tight trading range<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.