StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · New Member - Share your filters - cannot scann through 100 pages<< >>Post Follow-up
vroomtrades
7 posts
msg #153732
Ignore vroomtrades
8/25/2020 5:43:17 PM

Hi Members,

Please share your filters which earns you money. New member cannot scan through 999 pages.

Thanks in Advance !!
Trader

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #153739
Ignore JoeyVinyl
8/25/2020 9:08:07 PM

There's almost 20 years of posts here. I get that you can't scan through all of them. I don't think any of us have the time to do that either. Granted this is just my opinion, but you've got to do some work other than just asking for filters. If you're looking for a certain trading style, like fading gaps or chasing breakouts, it would be easier if you used the search bar to search the forums. It's the same if you like certain indicators, like Bollinger Bands or RSI.

At the very least tell us more about things like your trading style and time frames. Are you day trading or swing trading? Or do you have a longer time frame in mind? What about your style? Do you prefer candlestick patterns or other indicators? Just because someone might be making money with a filter doesn't mean it'll work for you.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #153748
Ignore graftonian
8/26/2020 11:20:26 AM

Welcome aboard.
I would recommend reading the works of Kevin_in_ga. When I started to learn this site, he was an active member and had a deep insight and a gift for coding which he would share with all.
Mac the riverrat introduced us to Darryl Guppy and (I believe) Stan Weinstein.
There are many others who have shared their thoughts here, read on!

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #153750
Ignore shillllihs
8/26/2020 12:13:13 PM

Hi and welcome. I would recommend forgoing trading in the market and buy 2br. condo units and occasional 3br. homes for rental income. I retired at 42 doing this. The market is nearly a guaranteed fail. 1 guy mentioned here crashed N burned and went packing, he had several followers that lost several hundreds of thousands if not millions. Others come out and whine about their losses and have been here for decades and are still working. If you are young, run for your life. I am successful at trading, verifiably on Collective2 where my system was up 70% last year but the brunt of my fortune was through real estate. Hope this helps. Good luck and take care.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #153756
Ignore karennma
modified
8/26/2020 6:07:57 PM

I agree with shilllihs. REAL ESTATE is a better play.
Frankly, it's less work.
Buy cheap or distressed properties, fix 'em up and rent 'em ... or do AirBnB.
There's always a ghetto in gentrification somewhere ...
Where I live, you can just drive around and tell who can't pay their property taxes by the look and condition of the house.
Worn paint, f'd up windows and overgrown grass are the first tell-tale signs.
Otherwise, if you're in a hurry for some quick cash, trade using Mac's Guppy filter.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #153757
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
8/26/2020 7:46:52 PM

@vroomtrades

If you never traded before I highly suggest you learn the basics of technical analysis. The find a good trading strategy and paper trade it for awhile . Then jump in. I've blown my account up twice and started over. Those were valuable lessons in my opinion. Know that every trade won't pan out like you want just as the price won't go up every. Yes Guppy MMA's can show you trend changes but even that doesn't work every time. There is no Holy grail indicator or oscillator . The Holy grail is the way you trade to make some money and how you see it one in your mind has said.

Now if your a experienced trader tell us what your looking for and I'm more than sure the poster here can lead you in the right direction. Also there is tons of past posts here on SF that were give you insight to what you might be looking for.

As for real estate I've only had few experiences with that in my life time. Had a great renter in one home and every thing was great until she and her husband brought their own home. Then a older single mother moved in with here daughter. Then she brought a little dog which were weren't happy about. Then we found out she was trying to run a puppy mill and there went the carpet, a sink that started leaking that she never told us about. Had to kick in half for a ADT security system. To make a long story short she finally moved out and we put some money into the home to replace the carpet, fix the damaged wood and a few cabinets that somehow got torn off the hinges. We sold the home to a mexican couple who are still living there to this day. We put the money into our home.

Now that's not to say rentals are great for some but its not all peach's and cream. IMHO. Nothing is in this life is peach's and cream . It it were then everyone would be doing rentals or what ever they can do. Just like my Dad had a liquor store and bar. Everyone thought we were making great money and we were but the headache's with just not worth it and the way DUI laws are today. He sold it in 83/84. I even had a construction business from 82 to 89. Did good but too many headache's along with too many hours. Closed the business in late 89.

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #153758
Ignore shillllihs
modified
8/26/2020 8:22:50 PM

That’s right K. real estate is not that hard if you apply yourself. Early on I messed up by buying at the wrong time but buy foreclosures in a down market and you’re on ez street. CAP RATE is everything if you can make 10% on a 100,000 investment that’s 10k without working much. Do that 10 times over the next 20 years and you retire with 100k, yearly plus all the appreciation you make on your properties. I have bought 2 dozen homes under valued by 50-200k, compound that with a rising market and you are pretty rich.
Or you can just look at basic Ma and ema cross overs to start out.

Just want to add intelligence and the market are not synonymous, there are some relative geniuses that have become broke trading. The market is not designed to make sense, it’s designed to extract your money.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #153759
Ignore Mactheriverrat
8/26/2020 10:21:00 PM

@shillllihs
Just want to add intelligence and the market are not synonymous, there are some relative geniuses that have become broke trading. The market is not designed to make sense, it’s designed to extract your money.
---------------------------------------

and there are some relative idiots that have become well off trading. Yes the odd are that most traders who start in the market go broke on bad trades before they really have a good idea what their doing. They give up in embarrassment and never have anything to do with trading ever again.

I've always try to go by some words that Steve Jobs once quoted in the video.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #153762
Ignore karennma
8/27/2020 8:53:30 AM

shillllihs
5,293 posts
msg #153758
modified 8/26/2020 8:22:50 PM
==========================================================

shilllihs,
That is exactly right.
Many years ago, I knew two stock brokers who I used to see occasionally after they retired.
Both were in their 80's at the time they told me:
Broker #1- "You can't go broke taking your profit." (referring DENREON)
Broker #2- "The market is out there to fool you." (or in shilllihs' words, "extract your money").

I'd suggest the OP go to the forum archives and STUDY.
Then, look at the poster names from 2000 to 2008.
Who among them is still here?

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #154026
Ignore fotchstecker
modified
9/14/2020 10:01:58 AM

"I'd suggest the OP go to the forum archives and STUDY.
Then, look at the poster names from 2000 to 2008.
Who among them is still here?"

^
An example of selection bias and survivor bias. Just because someone is "still here" has nothing to do with the reason for other people "not being here" and neither has any relationship to any trading success. Obviously, a person would leave if they "found something better", not solely because they blew up. And still being here has nothing to do with success, either, since it could merely mean that they haven't found anything better.

For me, I'm still here but use SF in a completely different way then when I started. I used to think I would build signals here. lol. But today, I use SF to simply organize information about breadth or to get a relatively accurate stats snapshot of various baskets and what they're doing. SF is pretty good for that. But the systems I trade are built elsewhere, and there's a reason for that.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · New Member - Share your filters - cannot scann through 100 pages<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.