StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Obvious, Maybe Not...<< >>Post Follow-up
TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #64222
Ignore TrendSurfer
modified
6/23/2008 2:27:29 PM

cunparis
71 posts
msg #64225
Ignore cunparis
6/23/2008 3:09:13 PM

Is the delayed data used in backtesting? For example, I recently asked them to make the stop loss work even if the stop moves past the limit during the day (example I put 5% SL and the stock moves 10%, it was showing the loss at 5%). Now it is showing 5%. But is it just limiting the loss at 5% or is it using delayed data? The latter would be very cool.

For the most part I've been working on strategies that are just a daytrade. not easy to do with an EOD system, but every time I add a stop loss to it and exit conditions it only makes the results worse.

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #64226
Ignore TrendSurfer
modified
6/23/2008 3:31:48 PM

cunparis
71 posts
msg #64228
Ignore cunparis
6/23/2008 3:40:46 PM

OK so you were talking about using the delayed data as a filter for entering into trades. I was thinking of it from the perspective of backtesting.

Now what you said makes more sense because entering on 20 min delayed data is a bit riskier. I prefer to run my filters after close / before open and enter on my own.

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #64234
Ignore TrendSurfer
modified
6/23/2008 3:53:22 PM

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Obvious, Maybe Not...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.