StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Options ideas anyone?<< >>Post Follow-up
medowz
59 posts
msg #81284
Ignore medowz
10/17/2009 1:20:26 AM

I've been impressed with the amount of energy being expended on stock strategies. I'm overwhelmed. The statistics being generated is phenomenal. Is anyone applying this data to option strategies? Maybe I'm just missing that thread somewhere. Can anyone point me in that direction?

Thanks to everyone in advance. This is a fantastic forum!

Cheers,
medowz

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #81305
Ignore karennma
modified
10/17/2009 8:08:11 PM

At this point, my only suggestion is to open an accout with OPTIONSHOUSE.com.
$10 for up to 4,000 contracts.
Yesterday, I tried to open 1,000 AAPL contracts in my regular brokerage acc't, and the commission was $1,250.00!!

medowz
59 posts
msg #81317
Ignore medowz
10/18/2009 12:00:06 AM

Karennma,

Thanks for the brokerage advice. I like ThinkorSwim a lot for their trade analytics. I'm still new to this forum. I'm impressed with the amount of statistical analysis going on here and the amount of sharing, too. I'm really liking the statistics exposure. Being pretty much a swing (and part time) trader, I'm just trying to feel out others with a penchant for options. I haven't stumbled on any options threads, yet. I get the impression that most people are using their data analysis to make directional trades, so there must be some pretty meaty ones out there. I just haven't found them. In the mean time, I shall continue with my forum familiariization.

I've been spending a good deal of time studying threads from TheRumpledOne and Kevin_in_GA. Who are your favorites?

Cheers,
mike

mystiq
650 posts
msg #81318
Ignore mystiq
10/18/2009 12:44:44 AM

for option ideas...type in "option calls" or "options" in FORUM search box

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Options ideas anyone?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.