StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · PARABOLIC SAR, THINK OUTSIDE THE BANDS!!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
risjr
229 posts
msg #27815
Ignore risjr
8/13/2003 8:02:20 PM

Well here it is folks, have averaged 15-20% per week(Yeah, no kiddin). Back tests GREAT! Forward tests even better with real money!!

Show stocks where parabolic sar crossed above close
and average volume(10) is above 50000
and macd is above 0
and close is between 1 and 10

Use prophet.net to analyze charts. Look at (hourly) 9ema over 18ema to enter. Peferally macd(hourly) should be close to or over 0.00

If 9ema is under ema, don't enter it's that simple

High percentage, lots and lots of green.

Picks are good for about a week, sometimes longer.

No head fakes!! I share this with everyone, so everyone can make money!!

No secrets here folk!! And I won't invoke it's copyrighted!! What a load of $%^$&%#$%$#$%^#!!!!!

This is a public forum!! If you want to be selfish, and not share, then don't post here.

If you have an honest question, give an honest answer. No BS that has appeared so much lately!! You people know who you are!

The filters are easy, and the mechanics are easy too!! This is not rocket science!

If money management is taking 60% of your time, then you don't have a life. I spend a grand total of of 15-45 minutes with this filter!!

I enjoy my family, coaching my kids etc. If you have a better filter, then share it! And don't dance around questions?

Good Tradin'

RON

murknd
62 posts
msg #27817
Ignore murknd
8/13/2003 8:36:11 PM

... looks nice

1) macd histogram?
2) don't you mean sar crossed below close to signal potential long entry points - it seems crossed above signals shorting entry points - or as one would expect of SAR parabolic - an exit point for long trades.

Please clarify your thinking.

D

risjr
229 posts
msg #27819
Ignore risjr
8/13/2003 9:09:07 PM

Good question murknd aka D

The macd here, from what I can see, defaults to macd histogram. My thinking is'nt totally explained, other than the dots are above the close price at yahoo.finance.com., etc. That's the way PSAR works. Just playin around, backtested, and found it!

This is NOT REPEAT, not a short filter. Just accept it and use it. My average hold time is 4 days. With a rocket every 2 weeks or so!! Those 15-20% are nice! But they don't happen alot! Just good, solid returns, minimal downside, and little frustration, as I experienced with bottom fishing. 6-8% for 2-3 days is fairly common!

Just let the magic of compounding work!

Good Tradin'

RON

todddunning
31 posts
msg #27845
Ignore todddunning
8/14/2003 9:01:07 PM

Very interesting Ron and very creative; I had wondered what to do with PSAR and this is sure doin' something. Definitely will get fooled with tonite....

risjr
229 posts
msg #27848
Ignore risjr
8/14/2003 9:19:27 PM

Great Todd

Please let me everyone know of any improvements!!

I've tried ADX and a view others.. but nothing yet!

Thanks! and

Good Tradin'

Ron

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27852
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/14/2003 10:48:00 PM

Hey Ron, if your filter is so good then why are you concerned with other filters, secret or not?

Besides, IT'S NOT THE STOCK BUT HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Just asked the trader who made money scalping a stock that closed down for the day!

And if a question is inapproriate, then it shouldn't be answered.

Time is better spent learning HOW to trade and manage one's money (right Joe G.?) than spent backtesting filters.

Find yourself some good trading stocks and BUY LOW, SELL HIGH, the same stocks over and over and over again.

MAY THE TRADE BE WITH YOU.

rydeen
4 posts
msg #27868
Ignore rydeen
8/15/2003 3:25:07 PM

I tweaked risjr's filter a little bit and came up with this:

Fetcher[Show stocks where parabolic sar crossed above close and average volume(10) is above 500000 and Slow Stochastic(5) %K is below 25 and close is between 1 and 10 and date offset is 0]

It seems to get a little higher percent return. Keeping the av volume high keeps you in bigger name stocks, hopefully with less downside risk and keeps the number of stocks returned to a nice number. Give it a try and see what you think.

risjr
229 posts
msg #27877
Ignore risjr
8/16/2003 10:14:11 AM

Hey Avery

Why don't you tell us about the SECRET FILTER, that way, we can all GET REAL RICH, RICH YOO!!, and no longer chat on the filter exchange

Or tell us about it in your new book, or your fabulous website, where you manage other peoples money, and make them RICH, JUST LIKE YOU!!

I share ALL of my knowledge with the people here at stockfetcher.

The really KEY, BIG QUESTION IS, WHY DON'T YOU??

TELL US ALL AVERY, WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO BE AS SELFISH AS YOU ARE??

Good Tradin'

RON

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27882
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/16/2003 9:12:23 PM

Ron...

That cracks me up.

Look at all the information I have shared on this forum and the yahoo Muddy Method forum. Filters, tactics, rules, strategies, links, prophet.net setups, money management, trading articles, etc...

Yet you want more!

1) You can please all of the people, some of the time.
2) You can please some of the people, all of the time.
3) You can't please all of the people, all of the time.
4) You can't please some people at all.

Not hard to see where you fall.

A good trader can get rich using the RSI(2) filter. I need not give anymore.

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27902
Ignore xplorer
8/17/2003 9:35:27 PM

Ron... thanks for opening sharing this "SAR" technique ...very nice !

Rydeen ... I like you addition of stochastics ...

...and I further tweeked it ... take a look ...

Fetcher[
Show stocks where
parabolic sar crossed above close and
average volume(10) is above 125000 and
Slow Stochastic(5) %K is below 30 and
Slow Stochastic(5) %K crossed above Slow Stochastic(5) %D within the last 3 days and
close is between 1 and 10 and date offset is 0
]

... often it has no results..but that is ok ... when it does ..Ch-Ch-Ching !
and tp clarify ...the "date offset is 0" makes it easy to back test ... change it to show past results..

..oh ... and to comment on the idea of sharing screens ... it benefits all that use the specific screen or technique.

I know when I buy a stock, I want to seem even more buyers coming to the join the crowd (or sellers if I am shorting)... and that will surely will benefit all. And what is the best way to do that ? ... use the same focus (screen). A self fulfilling prophecy.

So if you are really greedy ...then share!( you will be lining your own pockets) If you are a nice guy then share ! (nothing nicer then helping others ) If you are only there to prove you are the best ... then prove it by sharing ! (If you are the best, there would be no better gratification then receiving a nice confirmation of your greatness, a simple "Thanks !") ... Who's left ? The one's that refuse to share... they will not be helping themselves ... or anyone... They will buy the stocks that no-one is looking at ... there will be no buyers ...there will be no interest in that trade.... a losing trade for a loser.

I think the choice to share becomes obvious to anyone that enjoys being on the winning side of a trade.

Fare Well !!!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · PARABOLIC SAR, THINK OUTSIDE THE BANDS!!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.