StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Parabolic SAR filters<< >>Post Follow-up
johnboy
1 posts
msg #60430
Ignore johnboy
3/12/2008 7:13:33 PM

Im having trouble finding or building an accurate filter for the SAR drop (buy signal) which i can use in conjunction with my pincher scan. SF doesnt seem to accurately reflect the true SAR drop.

Anyone use this or have a filter they use???

rtucker
318 posts
msg #60432
Ignore rtucker
modified
3/12/2008 8:20:03 PM

s

cdance
17 posts
msg #60883
Ignore cdance
3/29/2008 9:01:35 PM

Here's one I'm testing that looks for SAR buy signals where the SAR is at least 10% under the close. It also charts DI short range (14) and long range(50) and requires a 52-week high in the last 6 months.I don't know how to make it clickable.

I would appreciate any and all comments....

/* When the +DI line is above the -DI line, all Parabolic sell signals /*can be ignored */
close crossed above Parabolic SAR in the last 1 days
and +di(14) is above -di(14)
and +di(50) is above -di(50)
and draw di(14) difference
and draw di(50) difference

/* when this difference goes negative - trend is reversing */
add column di(14) difference
add column di(50) difference

add column PDiffPct
set{PDiff, close - parabolic sar}
set{PDiffPct, PDiff / close}
and PDiffPct > .1

and close reached a new 52 week high in last 6 months
and do not draw +di(50)
and do not draw -di(50)
and do not draw +di(14)
and do not draw -di(14)

close above 2
and avg volume(90) above 10000

and chart-length is 1 year

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #60893
Ignore chetron
3/30/2008 3:42:18 PM

clickable...

Fetcher[

/* When the +DI line is above the -DI line, all Parabolic sell signals /*can be ignored */
close crossed above Parabolic SAR in the last 1 days
and +di(14) is above -di(14)
and +di(50) is above -di(50)
and draw di(14) difference
and draw di(50) difference

/* when this difference goes negative - trend is reversing */
add column di(14) difference
add column di(50) difference

add column PDiffPct
set{PDiff, close - parabolic sar}
set{PDiffPct, PDiff / close}
and PDiffPct > .1

and close reached a new 52 week high in last 6 months
and do not draw +di(50)
and do not draw -di(50)
and do not draw +di(14)
and do not draw -di(14)

close above 2
and avg volume(90) above 10000

and chart-length is 1 year

]

heypa
283 posts
msg #60906
Ignore heypa
3/31/2008 12:03:55 PM

Keep it simple.
Use "trucker's" two line scan above with only price range and volume requirements and go with the trend.Do not take counter trend signals as action signals for entry. As usual TRO"S advice applies.

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #61181
Ignore decipherlinda
4/7/2008 11:12:17 AM

Not sure what you mean that StockFetcher doesn't seem to accurately reflect the drop.

The following always picks up the first drop (buy signal). Is this what you meant?

Show stocks where high > Parabolic Sar
and high 1 day ago < Parabolic Sar 1 day ago

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Parabolic SAR filters<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.