StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Parabolic Support and Reversal<< >>Post Follow-up
acfncp3
59 posts
msg #88496
Ignore acfncp3
2/21/2010 6:01:38 PM

I've been looking at the parabolic sar lately. Is there a screen that will filter for stocks where either a bullish or bearish reversal occurred. I'm sorry if this has already been written but when I searched what I saw was mostly number of days decreasing or increasing . I'd like to see stocks where the SAR moves say from the top of the trend as resistance and reverses to below the trend as support. And vice a versa.

Thanks ahead a time,

Bill

dickysofa
63 posts
msg #88513
Ignore dickysofa
2/22/2010 1:18:57 AM

I think this is what you want.

moving on up...

Fetcher[
show stocks where Parabolic SAR(0.02,0.2) crossed over close in the past 1 days
]

heading to tanksville...

Fetcher[
show stocks where Parabolic SAR(0.02,0.2) crossed under close in the past 1 days
]

acfncp3
59 posts
msg #88515
Ignore acfncp3
2/22/2010 6:33:28 AM

thanks a lot ... I really appreciate the expertise that is on this forum.

Bill

acfncp3
59 posts
msg #88516
Ignore acfncp3
2/22/2010 6:47:56 AM

It's interesting though that both these seem to place the new SAR marker under the stock trend and moves bullish. So even though you coded in SF to be either under or over it's still shows the situation when it moves below the stock trend. But it comes up with a different answer set. Am I reading this wrong? Is there something that will find the case where the first SAR dot moves above the trend to show the start of a bear move.

Thanks again,

Bill

heypa
283 posts
msg #88520
Ignore heypa
2/22/2010 11:02:45 AM

try Try crossed above not crossed over

dickysofa
63 posts
msg #88536
Ignore dickysofa
2/22/2010 6:11:51 PM

my bad... Wrote filter in the reply rather than doing it in a real filter window and then doing a cut-n-past...

me=suq

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #88552
Ignore petrolpeter
2/23/2010 4:16:30 AM

I actually like to try to catch green bars at the beginning of reversal with SAR still above.See the convergence before the switch.
Fetcher[parabolic SAR is above close and close is above close 1 day ago and volume is above 500000 and close is above 1 and offset 0]

Works best in 'relief' type rallies.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #88582
Ignore petrolpeter
modified
2/23/2010 1:08:40 PM

Here is reverse of the bull SAR
Fetcher[parabolic SAR is below close and close is below close 1 day ago and volume is above 500000 and close is above 5 and offset 0]

Close below close is one method for tip off point,RSI(2) decreased 1 day or OBV(1) decreased 1 day are some more.Works best when markets are quite high(overbought maybe) and get punched in the gut.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Parabolic Support and Reversal<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.