StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Penny Stock - HUMUNGUS GAINS<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
xplorer
257 posts
msg #32219
Ignore xplorer
6/1/2004 9:48:37 PM

I have been trading for a long time ...and would always look down on "those penny stocks" ... what a mistake. There is no better focus of any stocks that can give consistant HUGE gains.
I am not saying there isn't a huge downside that you have to consider (and please do) ... but if you like huge gains ... in short periods ...then consider these gems ! Most traders would be thrilled with a yearly return of 30% ...these stocks can give that in a day !
(now lets talk compounding these gains !!)

Be CAUTIOUS ...and don't try to ride out any losses that you may incur ... get out and move on!

Fetcher[
set{range,high - low}
set{closepos,close-low}
set{ratio,closepos / range}
ratio is above .7 and
price is between .01 and .12 and
average volume(10) is greater than 350000
and volume is above 250000
and Slow stochastic(21) fast %K is above 50
and add column ratio
and sort column 5 ascending
and offset 0 days
]

(the "offset 0 days" is for back testing ...and as you will see ... this filter seems to only be good for picking stocks that you will never hold more then 5 days) ... enjoy !

Any further refinement is welcome ... or just your opinion is appreciated !

Fare Well

xplorer
257 posts
msg #32225
Ignore xplorer
6/2/2004 7:02:02 AM

Here are the results for yesterday:

Fetcher[
set{range,high - low}
set{closepos,close-low}
set{ratio,closepos / range}
ratio is above .7 and
price is between .01 and .12 and
average volume(10) is greater than 350000
and volume is above 250000
and Slow stochastic(21) fast %K is above 50
and add column ratio
and sort column 5 ascending
and offset 1 days
]

(this is not just the "best performers" ...
....this is every stock it returned)

TALLE - IVP Technology Corp ... +11.11%
MRXT - MARX TOYS & ENTERTA .... +13.64%
ONEV - One Voice Technolog .... +26.21%
TFCT - ........................ +33.33%

Also I have to add ... this is preliminary testing... now if we could incorporate the trend of the NASDAQ into this ...Bah - dah - bing !

Fare Well !

xraywiz
22 posts
msg #32265
Ignore xraywiz
6/4/2004 1:34:48 PM

Hi Everone I am new to this great site,
and here is my take on the pennystocks:

If the stock goes from 0.11 to 0.12, then the gain is a whopping 9%, but the commissions could kill me. To make money I would have to buy, say, 10,000 shares or more at $1100. I'd sell at $1200, to net $100 before commissions. Now unless I have a good broker, I am going to get zapped between 26 and 140 bucks round (the former from Ameritrade, the latter from Brown and Company that claims $5 per orders of less than 5000!)
It would seem to me that one should find slightly more expensive ($1-$2) stocks, find inexpensive brokers, and buy a lot of the stock. Any ideas?
Glad to be here!
MMF

xraywiz
22 posts
msg #32267
Ignore xraywiz
6/4/2004 1:42:50 PM

Hi xplorer,
I was wondering...
The output to the filter is for "yesterday's" market. How do you apply that info to "today's" market? After all, isn't there always some slowdown following big surges of 30% or the like?
I do like the filter, btw!
MMF

MrMike8196
1 posts
msg #32271
Ignore MrMike8196
6/4/2004 10:07:35 PM

Where is a good broker to trade penny stock with that would not take all the profit out of tradeing large amount of penny stocks ?

Michael

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #32273
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/4/2004 11:51:51 PM

www.freetrade.com

All the shares you want to trade... 1 low price.

xplorer
257 posts
msg #32275
Ignore xplorer
6/5/2004 7:31:07 AM

This screen (as with most) does follow the market sentiment .......

xraywiz ... the "yesterday screen" ... the one that has "offset 1 day" is for testing the results of the previous day ...not to trade. The stocks to consider trading are the ones that are returned with the screen that includes "offset 0 days". But as always ... don't blindly trade stocks that solely come up on this or any screen ... do your DD.

rumpledone ... as usual you come through with fantastic info ... that Freetrade site makes this tactic even more profitable. Greatly appreciated !

Thanks! ... and Fare Well !

xraywiz
22 posts
msg #32287
Ignore xraywiz
6/6/2004 6:43:36 PM

Xplorer and TheRumpledone,
Thanks to you both for your help and comments. much appreciated.
xplorer,
I tested your filter for two different price ranges. one, from 1.02 to 2.12, the other from 1.02 to 5.12. Obtained similarly good results.
I wonder if you could help me rewrite the filter for declining stocks-- obviously, for short purposes.
I am also trying to back test your results with an additional filter. This one is the so-called inside bar, where the high of today is lower than the high yesterday, and the low of today is higher than the low yesterday. The reverse IB is a sentiment indicator that says that the activity is slowing down and/or turning. I have had very good luck with it, especially when combined with a stochastic. Now, assuming that your filter were to yield a stock with a longer (3-5 days) reverse trend, it would likely do so just a day or so after the appearance of the reverse IB.
So,the idea is to find these Reverse IB's with proper stochastic (less than 20 for long,above 80 for shorts and then apply your filter to narrow down the list
MMF

xplorer
257 posts
msg #32290
Ignore xplorer
6/6/2004 10:36:51 PM

Turning this screen into one to find good shorting prospects isn't as straight forward as it seems.

For shorts it would be easier to go back to the drawing board....though from my collection I do have a few good shorting screens.

I grabbed this little "shorting screen" from this SF message board. I wish I could give credit to the creator, as it was not me. But I believe there were a few contributors that I wish I could acknowledge.

Take look. Let me know what you think !

Fetcher[
set{x,count(volume above volume 1 day ago,1)*2} and set{y,count (volume above average volume(90),3)} and set{z,x+y} and z is above 1.1 and close has been increasing over the last 3 days and close is between 3 and 40 and high is above upper bollinger band(20) and count (close above open,3) is above 0.9 and RSI(2) is above 99 and average volume(90) is above 120000
]

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #32291
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/6/2004 11:25:46 PM

Try this for a short picker:

Fetcher[close above 5 and Average Volume(90) is above 100000 and volume above 100000 and CLOSE near UPPER linear Regression Line(60) and RSI(2) > 99]

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Penny Stock - HUMUNGUS GAINS<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.