StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Pipe bottom anyone?<< >>Post Follow-up
marianapark
1 posts
msg #66328
Ignore marianapark
8/17/2008 10:05:09 PM

I'm fairly new to this, so I was wondering if anyone has tried to build a filter for a pipe bottom pattern (from Thomas Bulkowski's "Encylopedia of Chart Patterns")? He also has it on his website (thepatternsite.com).
Kind of a long shot, but thought I would ask :).
Thanks!

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66345
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/18/2008 8:30:37 AM

BTW, "Thomas" didn't create some new pattern here like he say's he did. (Pipe Bottom) This is nothing more than the left side of the head in a head & shoulders pattern. I was looking for this pattern of stocks long B-4 Mr. Bulkowski's 1st publication....

Take a look at...FXA, FXB, GLD, IAU, etc....as I preticted in post post on friday..."the U.S. $Dollar$ is in a world of trouble!"

Fetcher[ Price reached a new 6-month low and price
reached a new 3-month low within the last 2-weeks
Volume is above 100000
close is above 1
]

RIGGS

trustdnb
1 posts
msg #66372
Ignore trustdnb
8/18/2008 5:21:49 PM

WSG, that's not a pipe bottom. A pipe bottom is a black wide range bar at the end of clear downtrend, followed by a white reversal bar of the same length in the opposite direction. The bottom of the two bars should nearly equal

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66375
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/18/2008 6:32:29 PM

trustnb -

How do you think you are going to find a "Pipe" any other way than this? This is how a "Pipe" is born. Do you have a BETTER way of doing it? Of course you don't, because this is the only way you can find one through SF. All he has to do is look for the stocks with the biggest losses (without gaps) on the day, and more often thean not, there will lie your premee "Pipe." Did you really think WSG (of all people) didn't know what a "Pipe" pattern was? Come on man...just look at HAR, RWT, and CHDX today. If those don't look like good candidates...I don't what what does...

RIGGS

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66376
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
8/18/2008 6:39:52 PM

and BTW...if you wait for the "white" candle....you're too late pal! Because after the reversal candle, there will be a time of distribution. I don't care WHAT the books tell you....

RIGGS

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Pipe bottom anyone?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.