StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · ROI>24490%<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Aktienfahnder
36 posts
msg #42064
Ignore Aktienfahnder
3/15/2006 2:31:40 AM

@heyen:
thanks a lot for your opinion - I like the filter myself! however, I believe there is truth about the volume and price criteria. I usually never buy stocks under 0.5$ - that´s why I was asking where I didn´t see the mistake. Anyhow, I´m starting to papertrade this filter today - using real life criteria - so let´s see where we are getting to!

Greetings from Germany,

Aktienfahnder

craigk
24 posts
msg #42066
Ignore craigk
3/15/2006 4:42:28 AM

The ROI is not perfect calculate either. What does the "Your average net change for completed trades was: __%. say?
# of trades/yr = _______, maybe divided by 10.
Also, you can not buy enough of the little stocks. At $1000 dollars of stock, your -2%/trade for commisions.
If you try this with real money, you are going to get lot of partial fills on enter and exit. Causing the commision to go-up even more.
But it sure makes one dream a little. Okay, back to reality.

Pershing6
2 posts
msg #42077
Ignore Pershing6
modified
3/15/2006 12:31:43 PM

This filter yields huge risk/award ratios and ROIs, but only a 27% win rate. With a 10% stop-loss, you'd need just 10 losing trades in succession to lose everything, and even less to dig yourself a substantial hole from which it would be difficult to climb out. When well over half your trades are losers, this risk of ruin is substantial.

I'd be interested in seeing whether this filter can be revised to get a better win rate, even if it means sacrificing a lot on this ridiculous ROI (which we should be taking with a grain of salt anyway). I'd also be interested in knowing how this filter holds up in real world trades, where the liquidity issues that others have mentioned are a factor.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Aktienfahnder
36 posts
msg #42079
Ignore Aktienfahnder
3/15/2006 12:52:24 PM

@Pershing6 (nice name by the way!):

you are right - it might help to improve the filter. however, a 10% stopp-loss doesn´t mean you are ruining your portfolio. I just started a portfolio (papertrading) as I mentioned before - and, it is definitely true - I took 5 stocks (importnat to define them before market opens) out of todays filter list (57) and 3 of them were not tradeable up to now. two already lost... - so, the first day it is not working - but one more word to the 10% stopp-loss - i impose it only on each single trade - and I buy just as much stocks on each trade not to loose more than 2% on my total portfolio - so, this will help me survive longer..

heyen
124 posts
msg #42084
Ignore heyen
3/15/2006 2:25:59 PM

I made 8% yesterday and 14% today until now with RSI(7) < 20 (MVIS today).
Of course there are more options beside that. Some tweaking and timing make differences! But its pretty nice on my portfolio for 2 days :-)
In backtests i had to take a 40% loss once due to an opening gap. Not really a wonder for stock down to ultimate low filter like that. But for now im quite happy.

Gruesse aus Hamburg!

@ everybody backtesting stocks below $1 - dont try! It doesnt work. Every filter should start with
Fetcher[
Market not OTCBB
]

dkatz
64 posts
msg #42087
Ignore dkatz
3/15/2006 4:13:48 PM

What filter gave you MVIS?

Aktienfahnder
36 posts
msg #42117
Ignore Aktienfahnder
3/16/2006 2:47:32 AM

@heyen:
thanks for your advice - "market not otcbb" - is a usefull adding!
(and, since you are from hamburg, where from? können ja auch anders in kontakt treten?!)

greetz,
Aktienfahnder

Aktienfahnder
36 posts
msg #42123
Ignore Aktienfahnder
3/16/2006 8:12:54 AM

@heyen:
du hast post!

heyen
124 posts
msg #42119
Ignore heyen
modified
3/16/2006 8:18:35 AM

@ dkatz

This is a one day in, one day out strategy.
There are some more "secret" ingredients, but this is about half the way.
Backtesting showed excellent growth, its just not a strategy for a large budget.
And one should have an iron stomach - backtesting showed 46% loss and 154% gain trades over night.
But i like rollercoasters, at least in real life.

Fetcher[
/*
apply to watchlist(smallcaps)
which resolves to something like
*/
Show Stocks where
market not otcbb
and close between 1 and 5

and RSI(7) below 20

and date offset 03/14/06
]

@ Aktienfahnder
schreib mal an xxxxxxxxxxxxx [undisclosed]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · ROI>24490%<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.