StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2): Nice results but no practical<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #62991
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/23/2008 9:59:49 AM

- DELETED BY THEMIGHTYRIGGS HIMSELF -

MomsLegacy
34 posts
msg #63025
Ignore MomsLegacy
5/24/2008 1:41:01 PM

""One can never have too many homes. Especially a home where there is comfort, band aids for skinned up knees, and PB & J sandwiches! Oh yes, the finner things in life...."

No kidding, Riggs. What I wouldn't do for my only worry be a band-aid and a sandwich. LOL..

Anayway, Okay... I wish I could show you my screen, but looking at your screen I'm seeing some lines that I don't know what they are. On the Rsi (2) study there is a red and a green line. What do these mean? How do I use the rsi line with these lines?

on the obv there is an obv ema 100 line how do I use these together?
Are these indicators set to use short term like immeidately or the next day?

On my tos charts The rsi (2) study says rsi, ema (2) is that the same thing? Then it has two red lines going across at 30 and 70.

OBV study only says obv no parameters and no other lines, just the values on the side.

I'm sorry if this is way too elementary. I know how to use some indicators but not others. As far as RSI I would just look to see which way it was pointing then go from there. Ignorance is bliss. Ya know, the more I learn about this stuff, the only thing I seem to learn is that there's more to learn. (And it doesn't ever look like it's going to stop) And that's okay, I just gotta figure out a strategy for myself and work it so I dont' sit here for another year going in a hundred different directions.

Anyway, thanks for anything you can help me with. Sorry my responses are so slow.
Amy

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #63026
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/24/2008 9:27:00 PM

MomsLegacy
34 posts
msg #63028
Ignore MomsLegacy
5/25/2008 12:21:33 AM

Riggs, It's like having a weight lifted. As my 8 year old would say, "You rock".. Thanks. I can study now.
Amy

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #63029
Ignore maxreturn
5/25/2008 8:44:45 AM

Riggs & Amy, the default parameter for OBV is a 10 period EMA of the OBV. The only way you can really get rid of it is to plot a 1 period EMA of the OBV. You can do this by stipulating "OBV(1)" in your code. Have a great holiday weekend!

Regards
Max

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #63031
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/25/2008 9:39:44 AM

MomsLegacy
34 posts
msg #63094
Ignore MomsLegacy
5/28/2008 1:55:08 PM

Hey Riggs,
I picked a couple of good ones!! LOl.. I got puts on GFI EOD yesterday stock price 13.40 and I got rid this morning early for 13.15 but this was a really slow moving option. I thought I picked an 80 delta but, I dunno, but at least I made some, and I also picked VLO Got in EOD yesterday at 47.33 and sold this morning at 48.96. This was a good one.
Getting better and better. Thanks a bunch.
Amy

conyeuchua
83 posts
msg #63133
Ignore conyeuchua
5/29/2008 8:51:12 PM

Source: http://bzbtrader.blogspot.com/

In the May 28 and May 29, 2008 posts, bzbtrader's blog shows good back test results for using RSI(2) with IWM and QQQQ:

bzbtrader's code:

Fetcher[
draw RSI(2) line at 80
draw RSI(2) line at 28
symlist(IWM,QQQQ)
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2): Nice results but no practical<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.