StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2) Price divergence filter?<< >>Post Follow-up
jack1199
5 posts
msg #50985
Ignore jack1199
4/10/2007 2:33:41 PM

I'm sure that someone has put together some good RSI Price divergence filters but I can't seem to find one and the attempts that I have made regarding building one have not been that great. Any assistence would be appreciated.

rtucker
318 posts
msg #50989
Ignore rtucker
modified
4/10/2007 4:07:14 PM

Here is one way of doing it. Also, a good thread/filters on this subject has been "popped to the top" in the general discussion section.

Note: a disclaimer before the "divergence police" jump all over this filter.
It lets in many that are not showing divergence. You have to do the brutally hard work of looking at a hundred or so charts and tossing most out.

Fetcher[days(rsi(14) crossed above 30,30) is above
days(rsi(14) crossed above 40,30) and
days(rsi(14) crossed above 40,30) is above -1
and rsi(14) < 50
and close reached a new 30 day low within the last 30 days
and close > 10
and avg vol(90) > 1000000
]

jack1199
5 posts
msg #51000
Ignore jack1199
4/10/2007 10:39:50 PM

Thanks for your response. I finally found a very good one that Wall Street Genius posted on 10-14-06. This filter works very well with most stocks on the screen being very obvious which is what I was trying to accomplish.

Now all I have to do is do some research and determine whether the concept can be profitable.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2) Price divergence filter?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.