StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI Cross & CCI Uptrend<< >>Post Follow-up
Venice
82 posts
msg #100656
Ignore Venice
5/8/2011 11:38:29 AM

Pretty solid... easy strategy to make out of this one.

Fetcher[
SET{RSIVAL, RSI(10) }
SET{SIGNALMA, MA(7)}

SET{SIGNALADD, RSIVAL + SIGNALMA}
SET{SIGNAL, SIGNALADD / 2}

SET{PRICELINE, RSIVAL}

add column signal
add column priceline

show stocks where Average Volume(30) above 500000
and CCI(50) above 0
and priceline 1 day ago below signal 1 day ago
and priceline above signal
and volume above volume 1 day ago
and close 1 day ago below open 1 day ago
and close above open
]

lillian
26 posts
msg #100662
Ignore lillian
5/8/2011 8:50:15 PM

whats the exit strategy you would employ with this? thanks

Venice
82 posts
msg #100665
Ignore Venice
modified
5/9/2011 11:50:58 AM

For protecting losses, a close below the entry candles low.

For taking profit, when you see the price line cross back below the signal line.

Granted, sometimes the first day is a down day, so take advantage of the cheaper prices.

After the first day close, if I'm in profit, I always lock it in with a stop loss.

This method had a high probability of having at next the next days candle be in profit. After that it tends to go back to a more 50% chance of continuing the run or reversing. This does catch some pretty good runs though too.

I also don't take any trades that have had a sizable gap up, or if the current days bull candle is a big'un.

Venice
82 posts
msg #100693
Ignore Venice
5/11/2011 11:29:05 AM

Added a weekly version.

Fetcher[
SET{RSIVAL, weekly RSI(10) }
SET{SIGNALMA, weekly MA(7)}

SET{SIGNALADD, RSIVAL + SIGNALMA}
SET{SIGNAL, SIGNALADD / 2}

SET{PRICELINE, RSIVAL}

add column signal
add column priceline

show stocks where weekly Average Volume(30) above 500000
and weekly CCI(50) above 0
and priceline 1 day ago below signal 1 week ago
and priceline above signal
and weekly volume above weekly volume 1 week ago
and weekly close 1 week ago below weekly open 1 week ago
and weekly close above weekly open

and chart-display is weekly
]

starfox182
24 posts
msg #100863
Ignore starfox182
5/23/2011 7:26:46 AM

Me likey!! Great work here!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI Cross & CCI Uptrend<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.