]

mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #97794
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
modified
12/3/2010 9:08:25 PM

Hi Four:

I just wanted to thank you for this filter. You must be incredibly wealthy.

I had a programming professor who's favorite quote was "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

He could use this slick little script as a prime example. This must be the simplest and most powerful filter on SF.

Question: Do you have any tips on determining which stocks will continue the bounce and which are failures.

It looks like there is about a 75% vs 25% winners vs losers. That's amazing although the markets over the last few days have probable skewed these results.

Still trying to completely understand the filter. When you Add column z1, all of the numbers are considerably larger that your cutoff of 3? Can you fill me in on this criteria?

Grateful, Thanks again, Michael
mslattery@dc.rr.com

four
5,087 posts
msg #97799
Ignore four
12/4/2010 2:46:59 AM

12/3/2010 9:08:25 PM

Hi Four:

I just wanted to thank you for this filter. Thank you You must be incredibly wealthy. not yet

I had a programming professor who's favorite quote was "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

He could use this slick little script as a prime example. This must be the simplest and most powerful filter on SF.

Question: Do you have any tips on determining which stocks will continue the bounce and which are failures. perhaps someone has a thought on this

It looks like there is about a 75% vs 25% winners vs losers. That's amazing although the markets over the last few days have probable skewed these results. if i may, how would you enter and exit positions

Still trying to completely understand the filter. When you Add column z1, all of the numbers are considerably larger that your cutoff of 3? Can you fill me in on this criteria? add column for "z1 1 day ago" and you will see the value is well below 3, too

Grateful, Thanks again, Michael
mslattery@dc.rr.com

four
5,087 posts
msg #97801
Ignore four
12/4/2010 4:03:14 AM

perhaps some may use...

high < LOWER BOLLINGER BAND(20)

...to try to catch the bounce

four
5,087 posts
msg #97802
Ignore four
12/4/2010 4:32:03 AM

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1002&tid=97317&qrid=&isiframe=

louie6digits
msg #97345
- Ignore louie6digits 11/5/2010 4:59:41 PM

"Strenth Filters" define when a stock is overbought or oversold. Macd(12,26,9) is a strenth filter. Above 0, and the stock
is STRONG. Below 0, and the stock is WEAK. If you add Correction and Direction filters, then you have a complete
trading formula for success. I am posting a Strenth Filter here!

Fetcher[
/* Brand New - Strenth Filter */
25 day slope of wma(40) above 0
price less than 1% above ma(30)
linear regression slope(10) above -0.10
macd(12,26,1) above macd histogram(12,26,9)
close above ma(30)
]

four
5,087 posts
msg #97807
Ignore four
modified
12/4/2010 10:29:03 AM

Fetcher[

linear regression slope(10) crossed below 0
close > open
SET{Z1, RSI(2) / ATR(2)}

/* Z1 CROSSED ABOVE 3 -- option 1 */
/* Z1 1 day ago below 3 -- option 2 */

Z1 CROSSED ABOVE 3

AVGVOL(30) > 50000
CLOSE > 1

]

hp722c

mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #97844
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
12/6/2010 2:36:53 AM

Hi Four:

In response to how I enter and exit stocks based upon your filter.

There is a very good article from Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities V. 22:5 (68-71) by Tim Ord "Price + Volume = Price Movement" on changes in volume at support and resistance as indicators of continuation or failure.
Glad to send you the article. I have it set up as an excel file. I believe it would help us both if the formula could be converted into a SF filter. mslatter2dc.rr.com

My Preference would be the following in the order that I rank their strength.

Filter: SET{Z1, RSI(2) / ATR(5)}
1. Google / Bloomberg / FlyonWall / MotleyFool search for News
2. The filter below determines if the close is higher than the counterpoint of the real body and if the counterpoint of the real body is above the true range. So it's a simple candlestick strength indicator.

set {_range, High + Low}
set {true_range, _range/2}
set {_body, Open + Close}
set {real_body, _body /2}
Show stocks where close > real_body and real_body > true_range

3. Vol conformation based upon the article cited above.

4. John Ehlers CENTER of GRAVITY: I also have this article.
COG(10) had been decreasing for 5 days lag 5 days and COG(10) has been increasing for 2 days

5. Exp Mov Avg(5) of MACD(4,6),(6,10),(10,16),(16,26),(26,42)
6. DI+/DI- Except I prefer Vortex or VI+/VI-
7. ADX for trending indicator
8. Williams %R
9. Stochastic

EXITS:
1. StopLoss based upon ATR(3) x 2 (If I am in a stock there is nothing that has made me more money than stop losses - get bounced from the bears and ride the bulls) You can literally make money with darts to pick stocks if you religiously stick to the rule above.
2. Price target
3. loss of momentum MA(5) crosses below MA(10)
4. Bad News ~ Exit in Pre or After Market depending on when the news breaks.

My biggest problem in trading is I always want to learn something new and hopefully better. So i experiment too much.

Open to any ideas or suggestions. Thanks Michael

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI and ATR<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.