StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Rounded bottom filter<< >>Post Follow-up
updown
18 posts
msg #40821
Ignore updown
1/31/2006 5:21:04 PM

I have been trying to find a filter to find stock that look like they would form a nice round bottom. does anyone a a filter and I will try and tweak it

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40824
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
1/31/2006 8:04:43 PM

First & foremost, had you searched the forum you would know that others have asked and subsequently answered this question before you. Here's one simple filter you may use in the meantime.

Fetcher[
show stocks where pattern is weekly incomplete cup and handle(2)
]

Here's a twisted (albeit more accurate) version on the same theme:

Fetcher[
set{hi30wk, high 20 week high 20 week ago}
set{hi20wk, high 20 week high}
set{lo20wk, low 20 week low}
set{ldiff, hi30wk / lo20wk}
set{ldiff%, ldiff - 1}
set{lratio, ldiff% * 100}
set{sdiff, hi20wk / lo20wk}
set{sdiff%, sdiff - 1}
set{sratio, sdiff% * 100}

set{ratio, lratio / sratio}
ratio above 3
]

riggs
313 posts
msg #40841
Ignore riggs
2/1/2006 12:46:47 AM

Hey updouwn -

I have to side with "nikochopen" here! Stop starting new threads until you FINISH your other ones! What do I mean "finish" them? How about popping in after someone helps you and say "THANK YOU" for heavens sakes! Or just say "that filter sucks!" SOMETHING, you know what I mean? And stop saying things like..."I'll tweak it later" or "Ive been searching for yada, yada yada," Because you aren't doing a damn thing but BEGGING for filters! So stop with the threads and START doing your OWN work! And if you are not able, then say "Thanks for the HARD work you guys put into that for me!" You know? Come on man, show some appreciation for this site....

RIGGS

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40846
Ignore nikoschopen
2/1/2006 3:33:08 AM

Riggs,

Although we've had our differences, I'll take ure comments as a token of appreciation. Thanx.

updown
18 posts
msg #40871
Ignore updown
2/1/2006 4:59:12 PM

thanks for everything here is one of mine very simple but get great results if you hold for a couple days
close is between .01 and 10
and Money Flow Index(15) increasing for the last 2 Days
and RSI(15) below 30

riggs
313 posts
msg #40963
Ignore riggs
2/3/2006 11:48:12 PM

Did you see that "Niko?" He said "thanks for everything" but didn't even put a period at the end! He couldn't WAIT to cram his juvenile filter down your throat! That's like saying "thanx for everything, ah hem, you suck, but you still wanna buy some of my kids raffle tickets & candy?"

No more filters for you "updown!"

RIGGS.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40965
Ignore nikoschopen
2/4/2006 12:14:59 AM

Riggs,

I think ure reading too much between the lines. I'm not offering my help for the sole purpose of personal gratification but to return the favor that I myself have received when I was barely out of the filterless crib.

riggs
313 posts
msg #40966
Ignore riggs
2/4/2006 12:25:14 AM

Nikodude -

Lighten up! I'm just poking fun in this boring forum....

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40968
Ignore nikoschopen
2/4/2006 1:08:24 AM

Right on, dude. ;^P

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Rounded bottom filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.