StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Rumpled One.... Candlestick Traders?<< >>Post Follow-up
munafo
2 posts
msg #64794
Ignore munafo
7/8/2008 11:38:45 PM

I am a candlestick trader. I prefer trend trades as well as trading the turns profitably.

One of the most reliable candlestick formations is the "kicking" or "kicker" candlestick formation.

I prefer Bull Kickers myself. There is a simple pattern identifier called Bullish Kicker that is provided in SF's candlestick filters.

/* Bullish Kicker */

close 1 day ago below open 1 day ago
and close above open
and open equals open 1 day ago
and close above 5

What I would like to be able to do is identify only the strongest of signals. A long black or red body one day before... And a long white body 1 day ago.

How do you filter for percentage gains on the day (e.g. today's gains > 10% of stock price)?

Thanks in advance for your help.
-mpm

cunparis
71 posts
msg #64798
Ignore cunparis
7/9/2008 6:33:06 AM

closed gained more than 50%

or

day change is above 50%

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #64802
Ignore chetron
7/9/2008 6:41:53 AM

clickable....

Fetcher[

and close above open
and close above 5

]

lawdawguw
25 posts
msg #65139
Ignore lawdawguw
7/17/2008 10:37:16 PM

This is the problem I'm having with SF.

A bullish Kicker is formed with two marbozu candles, this filter does not "filter" out the upper and lower wicks.... this basically just returns to opposing candles of opposite colors.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65141
Ignore chetron
7/17/2008 10:48:06 PM

FINE.....

Fetcher[

/* TACHIKAWA */

CLOSE 1 DAY AGO EQUAL LOW 1 DAY AGO
OPEN 1 DAY AGO EQUAL HIGH 1 DAY AGO
OPEN EQUAL LOW
CLOSE EQUAL HIGH
and close above open
and close above .3

]

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #65145
Ignore decipherlinda
7/17/2008 11:08:46 PM

A gap up of undetermined size is also needed.

Reminder: Confirmation needed of higher close on 3rd day -- which you probably already have in mind.

I ran this recently and found that, most often in this market, the third day is a black candle.

I have found the Morningstar Doji to be very effective but only for the next day after the 3 candle pattern.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65155
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/18/2008 12:37:58 AM

"I have found the Morningstar Doji to be very effective but only for the next day after the 3 candle pattern."

....if you do "wait" till the completion, you're too late most of the time, unless you see this above the zero line on the MACD....and you better have the LRI(20) high above the "third candle." And if not?...DO NOT ENTER! Take a look at about 100 of these set-ups, and you'll agree with me.

RIGGS

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #65163
Ignore decipherlinda
7/18/2008 8:36:55 AM

Munafo, I just realized that the definition you have for the Bull Kicker is actually for the Bullish Separating Lines. From candlesticks.com:

"The Bullish Kicking Pattern is a White Marubozu following a Black Marubozu. After the Black Marubozu, market gaps sharply higher on the opening and it opens with a gap above the prior session’s opening thus forming a White Marubozu.

The Bullish Kicking Pattern is somewhat similar to the Bullish Separating Lines Pattern. The opening prices are equal in Bullish Separating Lines Pattern while in the Bullish Kicking Pattern a gap occurs."

Wall Street Genius, maybe I just lucked out, which may be a sign of the times, but the Morningstar Doji on 7/16 produced 20 stocks , 18 of which were up on 7/17 (although I did have close > 3.99 and volume > 500,000.

They are: HA,SUSQ,TSM,ARCC,PBY,HRZ,TIF,CSCO,NAL,ORCL,HRS,CAI,PHO,BRCD,IWP,HNP,ACMI,STEC,
ADRE,CPSL.

Clearly my sample size is small so I'll watch out. Thanks!

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65171
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/18/2008 10:22:27 AM

Wall Street Genius, maybe I just lucked out, which may be a sign of the times, but the Morningstar Doji on 7/16 produced 20 stocks , 18 of which were up on 7/17 (although I did have close > 3.99 and volume > 500,000.

Lucky?...LOL My friend, you posted this right at the beginning of a bull market. Let's see how many that turn up over the next several days, and then stahl and fall. Many years ago, I too was a huge fan of this pattern, until I started investing solely into this pattern. So let me save you a lot of time, money, and experience....don't "waste" your time! Use it like I showed you in my last post. That's really what it was designed for. Steve Nison HIMSELF taught me that. What happens is, that 3rd or 4th day usually hits a major moving average and then usually falls. When this pattern has moving averages BELOW, it acts as a continuation pattern....of which it was designed. You should take heed...I had to pay $3,500 for that peice of info. You're gettin' it for free!

RIGGS

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #65174
Ignore decipherlinda
7/18/2008 10:58:18 AM

Thanks Riggs. You bet I'm paying attention.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Rumpled One.... Candlestick Traders?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.