StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Sharing all of my own Filters....<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
jordage
10 posts
msg #30150
Ignore jordage
12/5/2003 7:16:54 PM

Hello, I've been usting Stockfetcher for about 1 month now and want to share some of the filers I've created and like. I'm not going to bother posting the result of them. You can look at the history of them if you want.

Global Filter:
Show stocks where close is between 1 and 10
and average volume(90) is above 100000
and volume is above 50000

This filter is applied to all my others automatically. This is just personal persoal preference to limit results to the best risk/reward stocks and ones that entry and exit can be.

Double Stochastic crossed one and is down:

Double stochastic 1 day ago was below 1
and Double stochastic is above 1
and close is below close 1 day ago

This one has very few results normally but when it does they are pretty powerful. Over the last month is looks like most of these results will close up 5-15% in a week, but some seen 20% plus in 1 or 2 days.

Vol up price down 3 days straight:
Volume is above volume 1 day ago
and volume 1 day ago is above volume 2 days ago
and Close is below close 1 day ago
and close 1 day ago is below close 2 days ago

This one works best I belive the price is approaching a support level like Bottom Linear Regression or a 50 or 200 day EMA or bollinger band. Usually 5+ results for this one. When it fails the next day it can also be a good sigh the following filter is for a 1 day failure of it. You can follow the patter for a 2 day up to as many days as you like

Volume 1 day ago is above volume 2 days ago
and volume 2 days ago is above volume 3 days ago
and Close 1 day ago is below close 2 days ago
and close 2 days ago is below close 3 days ago

and the 2 day failure is:

Volume 2 days ago is above volume 3 days ago
and volume 3 days ago is above volume 4 days ago
and Close 1 day ago is below close 2 days ago
and close 2 day ago is below close 3 days ago
and close 3 days ago is below close 4 days ago

These failure's have a decreasing price but the direction of the volume is inconsequetial after the 3 day increase it. However, if the volume keeps increasing as the price lowers the reboud could be bigger.

Highs lower, lows higher, Close lower for 3 days:
High 2 days ago was above high 1 day ago
and high 1 day ago was above high
and low 2 days ago was below low 1 day ago
and low 1 day ago is below low
and Close is below close 1 day ago

This one also works best near support areas, but be warned it seems that this one produces results that move pretty big either way. Either up a lot or down a lot.

Williams%R(2) increasing but price decreasing:
Close has been decreasing for the last 3 days
and Williams %R(2) has increased more than 50 in the last 3 days
and Williams %R(2) has been increasing for the lat 3 days
and Williams %R(2)is below -25

This one by itself is not too powerfull but when used with my others can be a confirmation of a real winner. Failurers of it are good bets too as long as the Willims keeps going up.

+DI reaching a new low:
Show stocks where +DI(14) is below -DI(14)
and +DI(14) reached a new 6 month low

Failure of this 1 day:
and +DI(14) reached a new 6 month low 1 day ago

Failure of this 2 days:
and +DI(14) reached a new 6 month low 2 days ago

The Failures of this are the most powerful. I use up to 5 days of failing but few stocks ever reach a 5th day down. If the -DI is reaching a 6 month high this is also a good sign. Or if the -DI begins heading down from a peak towards the +DI but the +DI keeps declining this is also powerfull.

These are most of the filters I've created. I use them with the components of the Muddy Method for best results. Hope you can use some of these, or that I've sparked you imagination to create some similiar ones to your liking.

PLESE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THEM,

Best of luck, JDH

jordage
10 posts
msg #30151
Ignore jordage
12/5/2003 11:02:03 PM

Instead of having very few results from the Doulbe Stocastic filter listed above i've change it to this:

Double stochastic reached a 1 month low 1 day ago
and Double stochastic is above Double stochastic 1 day ago

2 day failures are rare, but very very rewarding. The 1 day failure is this:
Double stochastic reached a 1 month low 2 days ago
and Double stochastic is above Double stochastic 1 day ago
and Double stochastic 1 day ago is above Double stochastic 2 days ago

These are filters with the best results I've come across in my short time. An easy 5-20% in a week in most cases. It appears more volatile stocks in an uprend work the best. Just as an example the most recent result to the 1 day failure filter listed above is EMA on November 26th. 1 day close was up 2.17%, 2 days it was up 7.97%, 3 days up 10.14%, 4 days 11.89%, 1 week up 13.77%. Yes the market did well last week, but look at the rest of the historical matches you'll see.

Best of Luck, JDH

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #30160
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/6/2003 4:40:59 PM

It's not what you trade, it's HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Spend more time learning how to trade than tweaking filters.

MONEY MANAGEMENT is the key.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

28 posts
msg #30165
Ignore MODERATOR
12/6/2003 5:59:05 PM

This message has been removed by StockFetcher.

28 posts
msg #30171
Ignore MODERATOR
12/6/2003 11:00:51 PM

28 posts
msg #30172
Ignore MODERATOR
12/6/2003 11:02:19 PM

28 posts
msg #30173
Ignore MODERATOR
12/7/2003 12:12:17 AM

28 posts
msg #30174
Ignore MODERATOR
12/7/2003 12:20:08 AM

mika
131 posts
msg #30175
Ignore mika
12/7/2003 12:32:43 AM

Avery,
you said MONEY MANAGEMENT is the key..

I've opened a thread trying to address exactly this issue. You did post a reply of sorts, but it was rather vague. Could you please elaborate on your MONEY MANAGEMENT system, and point out it's plus and minuses. Thanks in advance.

mika.

bob79924
38 posts
msg #30178
Ignore bob79924
12/7/2003 10:09:15 AM

Jordage:
Thanks for the filters. I appreciate anything anyone puts out that I can test for myself. I'll let you know what I come up with also.
Bob W.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Sharing all of my own Filters....<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.