StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Short filter<< >>Post Follow-up
deejal
45 posts
msg #45310
Ignore deejal
6/27/2006 12:25:08 AM

I have tried most of the short filters here and none seem to be worth much. So I have been playing around and have tried to create one here and there but can't seem to get anything to really light my fire.

I have put this together so far... but it keeps bringing up uptrending stocks... which is fine if they channel...like OMN.

Show stocks where RSI(14) crossed below 80
and RSI(14) 1 day ago was above 80
add column rsi (14)
add column exchange
and close is between 5 and 40
and average volume(30) is above 50000

traderblues
195 posts
msg #45317
Ignore traderblues
6/27/2006 8:34:49 AM

deejal,

Try this one:

Fetcher[Show stocks where CCI(14) crossed below 0.00 within the last 1 day
and CCI(14) is above -100
and Average Volume(20) is above 100000
and close is above 10
and Weekly -DI(14) is above Weekly +DI(14)
and Weekly ADX(14,14) is above 20
and close is below open
and price has been below EMA(50) for the last 20 days
and slow stochastics(39,3) %K is below slow stochastics(39,3) %D
]

cello13
88 posts
msg #45351
Ignore cello13
modified
6/28/2006 3:17:41 PM

How about this one?

Fetcher[Show stocks where 2 day slope of DMA(28,-14)is below 0 and
EMA(3)crossed above DMA(28,-14)within the last 3 days and
DMA(28,-14)is more than 5% below close and EMA(39)is more than 3% below close and average volume(90)is above 100000 and volume is above 100000 and close is above 2 and draw EMA(3)draw EMA(13)draw EMA(39)add column DMA(28,-14)and offset 30 days
market is not otcbb

set{Diff, DMA(28,-14) minus close}
set{Diff%, Diff * 100 divided by close}

add column diff%
and sort column 6 descending
]

Please be careful! This filter is an adaption of Riggs 5 % filter for uptrending markets. I changed the parameters for shorting stocks. It works best, if you use it in downtrending markets. It won't work well in uptrending markets. Have a look through with different offset dates (especially, when the market went down...). For a description, read Riggs posting :THE MIGHTY RIGGS HAS DONE IT AGAIN PART I and THE ONE & ONLY DOMINATOR! THE NEW DMA(28,-14)

I hope, it'll work for you. Good luck!

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #45421
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/2/2006 12:48:48 AM

Deejal -

I've been waiting for the RIGHT market to post this filter. No need to "be careful" of this one.....look for the stocks that are "touching" the upper Bollinger Bands(20), and make sure MA(20)is NOT rising, but traveling HORIZONAL well BELOW price. Make sure DMA(28,-14)is also well below price. But the main ingredient here is the BB & MA(20). When that MA(20)isn't following price, it's telling you a new cycle is about to begin. The confirmation is the falling MACD-H(4,8). When that falls, with a dark candle at the top of BB, "GET YOUR SHORTS ON!" as TheRumpledOne says. Also, a falling MACD Fast line above "0", is another hint that the fun is about to be over. Too many times traders follow the Histogram bars, but fail to watch the "fast line" movement along with negative divergence in the "Histogram bars." Then, make sure price is near upper BB on your HOURLY chart. You want to place your "sell short" market order, while price is going UP on that hourly chart. That will assure you of an "up-tick rule" fill. Market makers HATE precise traders, so look for daily set-ups, and enter with price moving up on hourly charts, to beat the "Makers" at their own game! You're "shorting" fills will never be the same.....

**** RIGGS "SHORTING" FILTER ****

Fetcher[Close is near upper Bollinger Bands(20,2)
close is below open
MACD Histogram(4.8)has been decreasing 1-day
MACD Histogram(4,8)1-day ago had been increasing
2-day slope of MA(20)is above 0
MA(20)is more than 2% below close
average volume(90)is above 100000
offset 0
]

PS- One other important factor I failed to mention....are GAPS! Watch out for these below. They serve as support in uptrends. Look at (THX). Price is falling, but it's forming a bullish "rising three method", because of the bullish "side-by-side white lines" below. Like "Tails," always trade in the direction of "gaps" or "windows."

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

cello13
88 posts
msg #45440
Ignore cello13
7/3/2006 9:56:46 AM

WSG...

Still surprising me ;-)) Could you have a look at my question in the "Histogramm Magic"-Thread, please? I'd be grateful..

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #45441
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/3/2006 1:48:42 PM

"Still surprising me ;-)) Could you have a look at my question in the "Histogramm Magic"-Thread, please? I'd be grateful.."

Cello13, check your mailbox.....

Rick.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Short filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.