StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Simple Exit Points<< >>Post Follow-up
choop
3 posts
msg #30462
Ignore choop
1/4/2004 3:20:04 AM

I'm new to StockFetcher so please forgive my ignorance. What are some of the simplest/best filters for determining exit points?

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #30465
Ignore txtrapper
1/4/2004 10:31:56 AM

choop

I don't use a filter for exit points, filters are only for finding stocks meeting certain criteria.

I depend on Stochastics Fast(5,3) and Stochstics Slow (5,3) and CCI(10) for exits. Add them below your filters and look at a lot of stocks, watch how these indicators react to recent pullbacks.

Hope that helps,

TxTrapper

choop
3 posts
msg #30470
Ignore choop
1/4/2004 1:08:45 PM

Thanks TxTrapper,

I appreciate you taking the time to help a newbie....

When using Stochastics Fast(5,3) and Stochstics Slow (5,3) and CCI(10) are you looking for these indicators above/below/approaching certain numbers?

What I was looking to do is setup a few filters that would signal a sell for a stock that I bought on a previous day(s), which another filter identified . Is this a decent approach?

For example, one of my sell filters might be "CCI(10) is above +100". How would I structure (syntax) the Stochastics Fast(5,3) and Stochstics Slow (5,3) as a filter for identifying an overbought stock (ie. at it's peak)?

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #30471
Ignore txtrapper
1/4/2004 1:51:03 PM

Choop

I use all the indicators on one filter, click on settings, then My Filters and set it up your way. Of course you shouldn't use one indicator for buying or selling.

CCI(10) when it crosses the 0 line from below,(buy), when it crosses the 0 line from above, (sell).

The other two Fast Stochastic is an early signal, don't use that for selling or buying, but if it turns down, then look at Slow Stochastics for a confirmation and vice versa.

When I first joined, I read ever post from day one, learned a lot, to learn a lot quick, click on Home above, then "Search StockFetcher", enter a questions, i.e. selling, 50 day Moving Average, setup, Stochastics, when to sell, etc. and read all the posts you will learn a lot, and join the Muddy Group @

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StockFetcher/

read everything from the first post to the last, but don't ask silly question, they probably won't answer your post if you do, try to find the answer, and if you can't we will help you, first read, read, read.

Hope this helps,

TxTrapper

choop
3 posts
msg #30472
Ignore choop
1/4/2004 1:53:05 PM

That helps alot... Thanks for the help and the advice!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Simple Exit Points<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.