StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Simplicity! (continuing a tradition on wealth-lab.com)<< >>Post Follow-up
jimhsu
14 posts
msg #31632
Ignore jimhsu
4/5/2004 9:11:04 PM

Fetcher[Stock reached a 100-day new high 6 days ago Stock reached a 4-day low 1 day ago]

Methodology: Stocks tend to resume their trend after a multi-day pullback.
Entry: Enter on STOP above high of signal bar, stop on low of signal bar, or 5% risk.
Exit: Stock stops trending (feel free to define)
Possible problems: Market maker manipulation (leads to frequently stopping out), buying stock when overbought (don't do), etc

Tweak the day settings to your liking.

jimhsu
14 posts
msg #31633
Ignore jimhsu
4/5/2004 9:12:21 PM

Forgot to add... if the stock does not enter on first day, use the high of the next bar (SignalBar+1)

cegis
235 posts
msg #31637
Ignore cegis
4/6/2004 8:22:28 AM

jimhsu,

Sorry if this is a "newbie" question, but I am still getting the hang of this TA stuff...

Which bar is the "signal bar", the 100 day high, or the 4 day low?

Thanks for the help,

C

gchen
11 posts
msg #31846
Ignore gchen
4/23/2004 1:00:21 AM

Cegis,

I believe jimhsu means the 4 day low

G

travlr
80 posts
msg #31847
Ignore travlr
4/23/2004 8:19:23 AM

jimhsu,

I also use Wealth Lab. Have you been trading the simplicity (or pullback) scripts?

Is it automated? I ask because I'm a little leary of automating the pullback scripts in today's environment.

Currently my scripts are based on reversion to the mean.

Thanks,
travlr

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Simplicity! (continuing a tradition on wealth-lab.com)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.