StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Slope of OBV<< >>Post Follow-up
DGeorge
10 posts
msg #55060
Ignore DGeorge
9/22/2007 5:11:49 PM

I have the following line in one of my searches and the returns don't make sense. "Show stocks where the 60 day slope of the OBV is above 10,000"

From the reading I've done I was expecting the slope to be around "1". I created a column to see what kind of numbers were being returned and I'm getting both positive and negative numbers.

The filter line works fine with price so I'm wondering if the issue has to do with the fact I am working with OBV. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dan

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #55063
Ignore nikoschopen
9/22/2007 7:00:26 PM

"Show stocks where the 60 day slope of the OBV is above 10,000"

If you were expecting the slope to be around 1, then try rephrasing the above line to read "Show stocks where the 60 day slope of the OBV is above 1"

DGeorge
10 posts
msg #55066
Ignore DGeorge
9/23/2007 1:59:48 AM

That's the point I'm trying to make. If I use "1" I get a virtual flat line, where as a "1" should return about a 45 degree line.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55080
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/23/2007 11:36:29 AM

Fetcher[
add column OBV
add column 60 day slope of the OBV
]

http://www.purplemath.com/modules/slope.htm

Fetcher[

set{y1, obv 60 days ago}
set{y2, obv}
set{ydiff, y2 - y1}
set{obvslope, ydiff / 60 }

add column obvslope
add column 60 day slope of the OBV
]

Fetcher[
/* slope of close */

set{y1, close 60 days ago}
set{y2, close}
set{ydiff, y2 - y1}
set{Closeslope, ydiff / 60 }

add column closeslope
add column 60 day slope of the close
]

corsino
259 posts
msg #55081
Ignore corsino
9/23/2007 11:38:52 AM

I don't know what kind of numbers you're getting, but they may be the actual obv.
You might play around with a set statement similar to the filter below :

Fetcher[set{obv%,obv(1) /obv(30)}
obv% above 1
add column obv%
close between 1 and 10
average volume (90)above 100000
draw 30 day slope of obv
]

DGeorge
10 posts
msg #55085
Ignore DGeorge
9/23/2007 12:34:25 PM

Thanks to both RumpledOne and Corsino. I really appreaciated you taking the time to help me. I borrowed a little from both your suggestions and I did start to get the results I was expecting.

Thanks again
Dan

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Slope of OBV<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.