StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Stocks future input<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
jnafach
74 posts
msg #80136
Ignore jnafach
9/26/2009 11:56:22 AM

I am not sure where the bottom, I am in total loss, One wise man said you can loose a lot of money even if you right if you are too early.
I think for now I am loosing money even if keep as cash as the dollar decline.

The best strategy is very short term trades, I think using RSI2 is helpfull but can be oversold on overbought for long time.
One of best way to look at as I found is as long it is above MA200, there is higher likelyhood it will bounce back and so I will be possibly ying in the market on monday and another position on tuesday if the price is lower than monday and sell when RSI moves up may be to 90 range or when stochastic cross down, I am working this weekend on some back testing

In regard to the future it looks pretty dark till now, I hope it gets better but I am not sure, of course I worry for my kids, feeling that we are just accumulating more dept for them.

One last thought for Trendscanner I did like the fetcher you had , but if you use it and go back to march 2009 (bottom) the number of oversold stocks is only 40 and 52 , so it is hard to use this in anyway

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #80139
Ignore trendscanner
9/26/2009 1:35:36 PM

JN, I agree we need to see what happens next week.

Also, I noticed that the way my filter was written only gave results through last Thursday. Taking out the offset date shows 99 stocks out of the SP500 through EOD Friday oversold as indicated by the RSI(2). Suggests that the breadth of the pullback is greater than I thought but certainly doesn't reliably call Friday a bottom. I remember the early March period well, anything could happen next week.

jnafach
74 posts
msg #80427
Ignore jnafach
10/1/2009 12:41:53 AM

Weird thing, looking at good companies like WMT and XOM their RSI2 are pretty low, lower than a lot of crappy companies, I wonder if we shoulkd switch assets out of financial to quality stocks

mystiq
650 posts
msg #80432
Ignore mystiq
10/1/2009 5:25:15 AM

V-O-L-I-T-L-I-T-Y I hope i spelled it right (LOL)
-->go with the trend<--
*look into OIL/GAS Industry for small cap co's to get swallowed up*

mystiq
650 posts
msg #81188
Ignore mystiq
modified
10/16/2009 4:19:03 AM

-->go with the trend<--
*look into OIL/GAS Industry for small cap co's to get swallowed up*

Fetcher[ add column market cap
set{21day,cma(obv,21)}
set{63day,cma(obv,63)}
draw weekly ift(5,9)
draw price line at PP
draw weekly rsi(2)
draw weekly williams %r(2)
draw ema(50)
draw ema(200)
draw 21day on plot 63day
apply to Industry(Oil - Exploration And Product,Oil - Field Services,Oil - Integrated,Oil - International Integrated,Oil - International Specialty,Oil - Production And Pipeline,Oil - Refining And Marketing,Oil - Us Exploration And Product,Oil - Us Integrated,Oil - Us Royalty Trusts,Oil And Gas - Drilling)
chart-display is weekly

]

(-.-)

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Stocks future input<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.