StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Stocks that trend<< >>Post Follow-up
calhawk01
135 posts
msg #119097
Ignore calhawk01
4/14/2014 10:22:05 AM

Hi All-

I'm working on a strategy that requires stocks to trend intraday.

Any ideas on how to create a filter for this? I'm trying to screen for stocks that trend intraday. For example, once the stock decides to go up.. it continues to go up all day.. or if it goes down.. it goes down all day.

I'm not sure this is possible to create in stock fetcher? Since stock fetcher does not support tick data. BUt it would be great if we can think of a way to use EOD bars to screen for this. Any ideas?

calhawk01
135 posts
msg #119118
Ignore calhawk01
4/15/2014 10:02:52 AM

anyone?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #119130
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
4/15/2014 4:07:32 PM

Beats me. Not sure how you can get historical intraday data from EOD data. Far better to get intraday data from another provider and use it to develop your concept, rather than try to pull it out of EOD data.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #119131
Ignore miketranz
modified
4/15/2014 9:10:07 PM

Look for stocks that trade in the longest range days in dollar amounts,possibly high volatility stocks.Then look at the bars for high and low/open to close data.Then just see which ones visually fit your criteria.Then finally look at the way they trade intraday to narrow down your search. Good luck...

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Stocks that trend<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.