StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Stop/profit stop idea help<< >>Post Follow-up
thorodin
13 posts
msg #123347
Ignore thorodin
modified
3/26/2015 10:44:48 AM

My idea is to manage a trade with the difference of the entry day's high and low:

Stop is today's (high -low)/2.
Example low = 100 high = 101
high - low = 1, Stop @ 100.5

Profit stop when price reaches 101 plus the whole day range 1 , in this case profit stop @ 102

Apologies for my crude way to explain.

What i would like is two columns to put in any filter saying Stop loss and profit stop based on the above.
I think it would be good business practice. Can some kind soul please help.

Kind Regards Thorodin

four
5,087 posts
msg #123363
Ignore four
modified
3/26/2015 6:51:56 PM

/*
Stop is today's (high -low)/2.
Example low = 100 high = 101
high - low = 1, Stop @ 100.5

Profit stop when price reaches 101 plus the whole day range 1 , in this case profit stop @ 102

What i would like is two columns to put in any filter saying Stop loss and profit stop based on the above.
I think it would be good business practice. Can some kind soul please help.

*/

Fetcher[
sp500

add column high
add column low
set{hilo, high - low } add column hilo
set{stopb, hilo / 2} add column stopb
set{stoploss, high + stopb}
add column stoploss

set{stopc, high + hilo} add column stopc
set{stopprofit, low + stopb}
draw stopprofit on plot stoploss and add column stopprofit
]

thorodin
13 posts
msg #123382
Ignore thorodin
3/28/2015 9:44:56 AM

Many thanks four, much appreciated.
Kind regards thorodin

miketranz
956 posts
msg #123430
Ignore miketranz
3/31/2015 9:24:44 PM

Manage your trade=Manage your money.If you're going to trade a "day range",you might as well start out with stocks that have the ability to move,open to close,the most distance or with the most volatility.Ck out the "Run Forest Run" filter.Also,higher priced stocks tend to move in larger point amounts.The key is to find a stock that travels the longest distance on a consistent basis.Why risk a half a point loss to capture a point or two gain? You want to maximize your gain,for a 3-5 point move.Trading is a numbers game.Good luck.....

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Stop/profit stop idea help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.